Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 4, 2013, 04:34 AM   #1
cbogaert
macrumors newbie

OS X shows “Sign in to use this application on this computer” dialogs when opening Ap

Hi,

I'm having an issue with apps bought from the Mac App Store.

After a reboot of OS X, I often need to re-enter my Apple ID password in order to use the apps I bought in the app store. Sometimes I have to re-enter my password only once and all the apps work (until the next reboot), but often I have to repeat this for every single app store app I open.

For example, I might get this dialog the first time I launch Reeder after rebooting OS X:

Note that the dialog remembers my Apple ID, but I have deleted it before taking a screenshot (for privacy).

I have tried to delete the following files:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.storeagent
~/Library/Cookies/com.apple.appstore.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist

But this didn't solve the problem. I have reinstalled all the apps, but that didn't help either. Moreover, I have done a clean install of OS X (for another reason) but I still have this issue with Mac App Store apps. Could this be related to my hardware or Apple ID?

Is there anyone who has had a similar problem or someone who might help me?

Thanks,
cbogaert is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store