Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I use the smart cover. It's got a microfiber surface, and it's always with me. I make sure there's no debris or anything on the smart cover, pop it off the ipad, form a triangle, then breathe on the screen (to get just a little moisture to get of tiny spots that stick), and then rub with the smart cover (forming a triangle makes one smooth surface and allows for gripping). Cleans it smoothly without streaks or scratches. Then just pop the cover back on.

Last edited:

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
1. Wipe with damp paper towel.

2. Dry with dry papaer towel.

3. Spend cleaning solution money on beer.

Paper towels can be abrasive. Apple recommends:

Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPad. iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe iPad’s screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands. The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal usage, and rubbing the screen with an abrasive material will further diminish its effect and may scratch your screen.

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
A light spray of either foam or liquid glass cleaner onto a soft microfiber rag and rubbing carefully should clean it up real nicely. I'm an auto detailer and this is what I do with a lot of my stuff. :)

Fritter60

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Apple salesman recommended IPad cleaning kit at £12.95 expensive but works pretty good

----------

Sorry that was £ 12.95

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
For stubborn stains always use Brillo!

brilo.jpg

xMClass

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2011
California
Skip the cleaning solution. Avoid liquids as much as possible, a good microfiber cleaning cloth will do the job just fine.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I just use a little moisture from my breath and a microfiber cloth to polish it off. I try my best to brush my teeth first because the iPad deserves it... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.