Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
What's your opinion ?
Fake or not ?

EXCLUSIVE: Samsung Galaxy S IV leaked press release shots?

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/04/exclusive-samsung-galaxy-s-iv-leaked-press-release-shots/

SamMobile just received a huge tip from our insider at Samsung and according to him this is the next generation of the Galaxy S series, the Galaxy S IV. We can’t 100% confirm if this is indeed the Galaxy S IV but the picture he sent us looks really sharp and doesn’t look fake at all. The design of the device looks also very similar to the design of the Galaxy S III and the Galaxy Premier, which makes this picture more authentic.

Galaxy S IV but the rumoured specifications are listed below:
- Exynos 5450 Quad-Core CPU clocked at 2.0GHz
- Mali-T658 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 4.99” SuperAMOLED FULL HD resolution (1080×1920) Display
- 13 Megapixel Rear Facing Camera
- 2 Megapixel Front Facing Camera
- Android 4.2.1 (Out of the box)

galaxysiv.jpg

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Looks fake to me, because that design looks closer to the GS I and II than an evolution from the GS III, why would they go backwards?

Also the spec list looks like a 15 year old (with a copy of Photoshop) thought of the most powerful numbers he could, not something that'd realistically be released just yet.

I could be wrong though...

RetepNamenots

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2009
Clearly a fake. Why?

• It's a photo of a screen. Why?
  • If it's a press shot, why doesn't it have anything on the screen? They spent the time to make the reflections perfect but have no idea what the software will look like yet?
  • Press shots of the next-generation are the last thing we're likely to see at this stage in the GSIII's life cycle. A hardware leak or components like the GSIII would be more believable
  • A flat, face-on image like this would be trivial for anyone to create in Photosho[.

nickchallis92

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2012
London
Looks fake to me, because that design looks closer to the GS I and II than an evolution from the GS III, why would they go backwards?

Also the spec list looks like a 15 year old (with a copy of Photoshop) thought of the most powerful numbers he could, not something that'd realistically be released just yet.

I could be wrong though...

Specs seem pretty realistic to me. Samsung always massively boost their specs through each Galaxy iteration

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
Samsung learned from Apple, that if you hype something enough with rumors and fake pics (which costs the company nothing in free advertising), people stay interested and anticipation builds up for release day.

If Samsung is not behind this leak, they likely will keep quiet about it, regardless. In this business, no comment is better than giving one.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Specs seem pretty realistic to me. Samsung always massively boost their specs through each Galaxy iteration

You know I'm trying to find more information about this Exynos 5450 CPU to see if it is actually a realistic option but the only mention of it anywhere seems to be Samsung rumour articles.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Picture is probably fake, but please let it be true that they're getting rid of the physical home button.

I believe those specs, though.

Ericcc

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012
Montreal
Even if it is fake, everything there looks fairly logical and evolutionary.

No physical home button to match back and menu buttons. Tiny bezel to keep dimensions in check.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
It looks VERY tempting. Looking forward to what 2013 brings in the smartphone wars. Galaxy S4, iPhone 5S, a Moto Nexus device? :)

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Looking forward to this year. I know the 5S won't be anything significant. Hopefully, Sammy keeps up the momentum with the S4. I have an upgrade and am patiently waiting for the next big thing.

I'd be happy with a Droid RAZR MAXX HD on AT&T though :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.