Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:15 AM   #1
casjohnr
macrumors regular

iPhone 4 not charging

My iPhone 4 which I borrowed from work has suddenly decided to stop charging - Had it plugged into a wall outlet and my laptop overnight with different leads the past few nights and dead as a dodo - No charging screen or any sign of life (Also the phone still feels cold to touch after the charging attempts).

I did have some problems charging it over the weekend when I had my unofficial charger with me - Every now and again when I plugged that in a 'This accessory is not supported' message would appear. The last sign of life was the charging screen with the lightening bolt on Wednesday evening.

Any other things I can try or do I need to get it to Apple for repair? (Presumably I can take it in / send it off despite it not being my iPhone as I'm not in work for the next month).

If I take it to the Apple store and they end up having to send it away would I have to go back to the Apple store again to collect? (If so I would rather ship it off from home as my nearest Apple store is a train ride away)

Thanks!
casjohnr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:00 AM   #2
boshii
macrumors 68030

Have you tried turning the phone off then on? Also, is your phone under warranty? If its not, apple isn't obligated to do anything for you though they probably will. They would take your old phone and give you a refurb phone so make sure you backup before you go in.
boshii is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone