Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:49 PM   #1
badlydrawnboy
macrumors 6502a

iTunes freezes after connecting iPhone to Mac Pro

When I connect the iPhone to my Mac Pro, the "spinning beach ball" appears in iTunes and I have to force quit because it becomes unresponsive. I do not have this issue with my iPad; it seems to be something with the phone.

Prior to this issue, when I connected my iPhone to iTunes, it would take 6-7 minutes to sync.

When I connected my iPad, it took about 30 seconds.

This is true even when the same content is being synced. i.e. I added 4 PDFs to iBooks. When I synced those with the iPhone, it took 6-7 minutes. With the iPad, about 30 seconds.

Any ideas?
badlydrawnboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:33 AM   #2
kage207
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlydrawnboy View Post
When I connect the iPhone to my Mac Pro, the "spinning beach ball" appears in iTunes and I have to force quit because it becomes unresponsive. I do not have this issue with my iPad; it seems to be something with the phone.

Prior to this issue, when I connected my iPhone to iTunes, it would take 6-7 minutes to sync.

When I connected my iPad, it took about 30 seconds.

This is true even when the same content is being synced. i.e. I added 4 PDFs to iBooks. When I synced those with the iPhone, it took 6-7 minutes. With the iPad, about 30 seconds.

Any ideas?
Check this out.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:56 AM   #3
badlydrawnboy
macrumors 6502a

Thank you! I'll give that a shot.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:24 PM   #4
badlydrawnboy
macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately that seems to have somehow made the problem worse. Whereas it was syncing slowly before with occasional freezes, now it is freezing every single time. It's completely impossible to sync my phone at this point.

Any other ideas?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting