Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:19 AM   #1
childoftheko4n
macrumors regular

Mountain Lion Server/Shared Folder Starting Questions

Hello,

Been trying to find answer via search, but not quite what i am looking for. I have a mac mini (non server) and just bought a new MBA. What i am looking to do is share my itunes and iphoto libraries. I understand i can share those folders/files as is without upgrading to ML server but have found mixed results in my limited testing.

My question is really, what does upgrading to ML server bring to the table in terms performance and added accessibility to a setup like mine? The main use i am looking for is GOOD performance in having my MBA redirect its itunes/iphoto libraries to those on the mini. other things like remote login and such would be icing on the cake (if they work easily i assume)

Thanks!
childoftheko4n is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking