Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:20 AM   #651
Dino F
macrumors 65816
 
Dino F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Croydon, South London, UK
This pouch looks very interesting, from Bodyguardz:

http://www.bodyguardz.com/pocket-cas...ins-films.html

It is 100% leather, has 2 slots for credit cards/cash, has small holes at the bottom for the speakers and seems very lightweight and minimalistic and also comes with a set of skins for the iPhone 5.

Might have to give this one a go...!!!
Dino F is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:13 AM   #652
Adutrumque
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
I just found this cool looking case! It looks like some kind of LotR design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuonVkYr4e8


I like it.
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:54 AM   #653
ZipZap
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino F View Post
That certainly looks good - however it also looks quite bulky. Can you get it into your jeans pockets easily when you're out and about?
I think these cases are ruined by the makers need to emblazon their name to prominently in the leather.

I dont think the name should appear on any leather product but if it has to is should be small and hidden.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino F View Post
This pouch looks very interesting, from Bodyguardz:

http://www.bodyguardz.com/pocket-cas...ins-films.html

It is 100% leather, has 2 slots for credit cards/cash, has small holes at the bottom for the speakers and seems very lightweight and minimalistic and also comes with a set of skins for the iPhone 5.

Might have to give this one a go...!!!
Skip it. It was a bad fit and bigger than it needed to be. I sent mine back even though I only paid $9.95

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
I just found this cool looking case! It looks like some kind of LotR design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuonVkYr4e8


I like it.
Ahh...NO.

Size alone makes it ridiculous.

This is one of the best ones I've found (no credit card slots): Click Me
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:49 AM   #654
Dino F
macrumors 65816
 
Dino F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Croydon, South London, UK
Quote:
Skip it. It was a bad fit and bigger than it needed to be. I sent mine back even though I only paid $9.95

When you say 'Bad Fit' - what do you mean exactly?! From looking at the pics and watching a review of it ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J42d...yLmC2A&index=3 ), it seems quite slim compared to most of the pouches in this thread.....?!
Dino F is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:35 PM   #655
Bakari45
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
T8 Wallet Case

I'm pleased to share that the T8 Wallet case I ordered arrived today, and it's definitely a little more than I expected. I was concerned that the case, like most iPhone cases, would be a little too bulky, but it's not. It's nearly light as sheet of paper while also very stylish.



It's super easy to slip in the iPhone, and it can carry two cards, plus say a five dollar build. So wherever you have your iPhone, you also have your cards. The vegetable-tanned Italian leather that the case is made of feels just good as the smooth anodized aluminum back side of the iPhone 5. It doesn't cover up any of the iPhone controls or buttons.

The only thing about this case is that it is $60, and I think it ships out of Hong Kong. It's the second case I've gotten, and if had looked long enough I probably could have found something similar and cheaper, but definitely not the same quality. There is a similar case I know of that looks nearly the same, but when you check that case out in the Apple Store, you realize that the material is seriously cheap, and that case sells for $35!

If the stitching holds up then this T8 Case will be a perfect case for me. I'm not crazy about the little blue elastic loop, but I can live with it.

__________________
iPad mini Wi-Fi | MacBook Air 11 | iPhone 5 | iMac | iPad 1|AppleTV| 2006 Mac Pro
My MacBook Air Articles

Last edited by Bakari45; Dec 20, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
Bakari45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:19 PM   #656
Adutrumque
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
I think these cases are ruined by the makers need to emblazon their name to prominently in the leather.

I dont think the name should appear on any leather product but if it has to is should be small and hidden.

----------



Skip it. It was a bad fit and bigger than it needed to be. I sent mine back even though I only paid $9.95

----------



Ahh...NO.

Size alone makes it ridiculous.

This is one of the best ones I've found (no credit card slots): Click Me
Yeah, I know its pretty big but women like it - maybe?
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:55 AM   #657
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: United States
Has anyone tried the Spigen Leather Grip case in any color?

I was gonna get it in Vintage Brown, but I just saw this review.



He says the case changes color overtime.. I'm not sure how I feel about that! I could always get the white leather though... hmm decisions decisions lol
__________________
2014 rMBP 15" 2.8GHz i7/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/ 750M 2GB GT
MarkCooz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:15 PM   #658
meistervu
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCooz View Post
Has anyone tried the Spigen Leather Grip case in any color?

I was gonna get it in Vintage Brown, but I just saw this review.

YouTube: video

He says the case changes color overtime.. I'm not sure how I feel about that! I could always get the white leather though... hmm decisions decisions lol
I had one for an iPhone 4. I love the fact that it changes color: it develops a patina over time that looks wonderful. You don't have to baby it. Many people commented on how unique it looks. It is also very nice to hold as the edges are soften by a small radius, and because it is leather.

I say, go for it.
__________________
Palm Pilot 1000
meistervu is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:50 PM   #659
ddd13
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Hey!

I own an iphone 4 and i just destroyed my ikonic edge leather case from which i was fully satisfied for 2 years.And as i was ready to order a new ikonic of different colour,fortunately i decided to look around for new cases and stuff.So i fell in love with the atelier pall products.I just have some question before i order one:

1)I had the ikonic edge (not the new superslim ones,the first being made).And do not want the simple plain atelier pall one but those with the mono wallet.Not that i need the wallet so much but because i find them very stylish.So my question is,how much bulkier would it be than the ikonic? Ok i expect it to be bulkier but is it so elegant as it seems in the photos and fits in a jeans pocket easily?

2)As i said i do not know how much i will use the wallet.However i had the idea to put the headphones inside it.Do they fit?

3)I have a major dilemma between the two leathers.
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/...ono-brown.html
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/...-burgundy.html
Which one would you suggest?

Thank you in advance for your responses and i wish you a happy new year!

Last edited by ddd13; Dec 31, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
ddd13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:11 PM   #660
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakari45 View Post
I'm pleased to share that the T8 Wallet case I ordered arrived today, and it's definitely a little more than I expected. I was concerned that the case, like most iPhone cases, would be a little too bulky, but it's not. It's nearly light as sheet of paper while also very stylish.

Image

It's super easy to slip in the iPhone, and it can carry two cards, plus say a five dollar build. So wherever you have your iPhone, you also have your cards. The vegetable-tanned Italian leather that the case is made of feels just good as the smooth anodized aluminum back side of the iPhone 5. It doesn't cover up any of the iPhone controls or buttons.

The only thing about this case is that it is $60, and I think it ships out of Hong Kong. It's the second case I've gotten, and if had looked long enough I probably could have found something similar and cheaper, but definitely not the same quality. There is a similar case I know of that looks nearly the same, but when you check that case out in the Apple Store, you realize that the material is seriously cheap, and that case sells for $35!

If the stitching holds up then this T8 Case will be a perfect case for me. I'm not crazy about the little blue elastic loop, but I can live with it.

Image
Really nice! Step for my pocket though.
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:13 PM   #661
Robster3
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd13 View Post
Hey!

I own an iphone 4 and i just destroyed my ikonic edge leather case from which i was fully satisfied for 2 years.And as i was ready to order a new ikonic of different colour,fortunately i decided to look around for new cases and stuff.So i fell in love with the atelier pall products.I just have some question before i order one:

1)I had the ikonic edge (not the new superslim ones,the first being made).And do not want the simple plain atelier pall one but those with the mono wallet.Not that i need the wallet so much but because i find them very stylish.So my question is,how much bulkier would it be than the ikonic? Ok i expect it to be bulkier but is it so elegant as it seems in the photos and fits in a jeans pocket easily?

2)As i said i do not know how much i will use the wallet.However i had the idea to put the headphones inside it.Do they fit?

3)I have a major dilemma between the two leathers.
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/...ono-brown.html
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/...-burgundy.html
Which one would you suggest?

Thank you in advance for your responses and i wish you a happy new year!
I have the burgundy mono, very nice. Also have the iconic edge slim tan. The mono is about .5" wider/taller and thicker, but the leather is thicker and the phone fits in nicer and is better protected. Tried the headphones in the front, they do fit a bit fiddly to get in, but it is more for cash/cards etc. My iconic came with faulty stitching, the mono is perfect. they made me a mini case the same colour. Both took 2 weeks to Australia same as iconic. Considering they are the same price the mono is nicer leather better stitching more to it. The iconic is thin leather with a micro fibre lining inside
Robster3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:32 PM   #662
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by meistervu View Post
I had one for an iPhone 4. I love the fact that it changes color: it develops a patina over time that looks wonderful. You don't have to baby it. Many people commented on how unique it looks. It is also very nice to hold as the edges are soften by a small radius, and because it is leather.

I say, go for it.
Nice! Thanks for that man. Gonna try and pick one up for myself when my paycheck is here!
__________________
2014 rMBP 15" 2.8GHz i7/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/ 750M 2GB GT
MarkCooz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:18 PM   #663
Veriac
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Received my Natural Horween genuine shell Cordovan sleeve from Makr.


Last edited by Veriac; Jan 2, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
Veriac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:09 PM   #664
3eastie
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Makr Question

Veriac,
Thoughts on the makr? Worth the extra money for the cordovan over the regular leather? How is it fit wise in pocket, using with phone, getting out etc..I can't decide on this and if cordovan is worth the premium price..THANKS?? Also could you maybe post a pic of sleeve with phone in it etc.

Last edited by 3eastie; Jan 2, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
3eastie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 04:33 PM   #665
TTRAKS911
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Does anybody know who makes this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mcoth0i9LF1ruvns9o1_500.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	387509
TTRAKS911 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 04:58 PM   #666
riseboi
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRAKS911 View Post
Whole Grain Mustard
riseboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 05:25 PM   #667
TTRAKS911
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Thank you! @riseboi
TTRAKS911 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:01 PM   #668
bluesboy77
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Send a message via Yahoo to bluesboy77
Thumbs up

Thanks for the pics, I was wavering between the Sena UltraSlim and the Pall, after seeing your pics, I ordered the Pall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutner View Post
I've been using a Sena UltraSlim case for a few weeks now and it's great - very slim and keeps the weight and size to a minimum.

The Atelier Pall is noticeably larger, I'll see how it is when I take it with me to work tomorrow.

Here are some pictures as you have requested.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

and here you can see the extra "wallet" thing
edit: so upon research, it looks like it's this - http://www.atelierpall.com/products/...n-duotone.html
they included it in my box with the case for some reason!

Image

Image

Image
bluesboy77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:09 AM   #669
Gstott
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Hi,

i have a query for anyone that has a case like the AtelierPall simple slip case - I have an iphone 5 in an elago slimfit s5 case which adds about 1mm in depth on each side an approx 1.5mm depth. i want to put this in the leather case to protect the phone further when i'm carrying it around. I contacted the folks at Atelier Pall and they said the phone won't fit fit in their 'normal' version and order their bumper version which is bigger. I'm just concerned it might be too big!

Anyone out there got the AtelierPall and willing to offer advice one way or another? Are there any other slip cases that will fit an encased phone?

Thanks,
Gareth
Gstott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:03 AM   #670
everythingfun
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
anyone use fabric pouch?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1187681...leeve-iphone-5
__________________
iPhone 5
everythingfun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:00 AM   #671
The Flying Kite
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstott View Post
Hi,

i have a query for anyone that has a case like the AtelierPall simple slip case - I have an iphone 5 in an elago slimfit s5 case which adds about 1mm in depth on each side an approx 1.5mm depth. i want to put this in the leather case to protect the phone further when i'm carrying it around. I contacted the folks at Atelier Pall and they said the phone won't fit fit in their 'normal' version and order their bumper version which is bigger. I'm just concerned it might be too big!

Anyone out there got the AtelierPall and willing to offer advice one way or another? Are there any other slip cases that will fit an encased phone?

Thanks,
Gareth
I had the same problem as you but with my Grovemade case, which is slightly bigger. Somebody suggested contacting Etsy shops to see if they could make a custom case, and I ended up getting a custom version of this: http://etsy.me/ZFJZ0V
Grams28 was very helpful, and stated that any of his items could be custom made, so its not just limited to this specific case. I ordered it on December 20, 2012, and since it ships from Hong Kong, I'll likely get it today or tomorrow. There are a lot of other shops that will make custom cases for you though, such as Adimaa. If you search for "Leather iPhone 5 Wallet, I'm sure you'll find a case you'll like, and then you can just contact the seller to see if they also make custom cases.
Good luck.
The Flying Kite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:30 PM   #672
meistervu
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstott View Post
Hi,

i have a query for anyone that has a case like the AtelierPall simple slip case - I have an iphone 5 in an elago slimfit s5 case which adds about 1mm in depth on each side an approx 1.5mm depth. i want to put this in the leather case to protect the phone further when i'm carrying it around. I contacted the folks at Atelier Pall and they said the phone won't fit fit in their 'normal' version and order their bumper version which is bigger. I'm just concerned it might be too big!

Anyone out there got the AtelierPall and willing to offer advice one way or another? Are there any other slip cases that will fit an encased phone?

Thanks,
Gareth
I bought their wallet duo case and the fit is perfect for a naked iPhone 5. I have a Ringke Slim, which is about as thin as a case one can get I think, and it won't fit.

I think their sizing is really good, so if they recommend a different size, I would go with their recommendation.
__________________
Palm Pilot 1000
meistervu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 03:46 PM   #673
jfrancis04
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Anyone have the Little Pocket Book from Pad & Quill?

http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for...-iphone-5.html
jfrancis04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:02 PM   #674
King Julian
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Does anybody have any experience with a company called Kouros, operating out of Portugal, http://www.kouroscases.com/blade I am interested in the "Blade" range. I can't find out much about the company.

Last edited by King Julian; Jan 4, 2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
King Julian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:30 PM   #675
jfrancis04
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancis04 View Post
Anyone have the Little Pocket Book from Pad & Quill?

http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for...-iphone-5.html
Just purchased this. I'll be sure to check back in and let everyone know how it is. 30-day money back guarantee so doesn't hurt to try I suppose. It's a little pricey ($60), but the craftsmanship is said to be excellent.

If you decide to buy, feel free to use this link to get 10% for both you and myself. http://curebit.com/x/4DQkl
jfrancis04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Tags
pocketcase, sleeve, walletcase

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: iPad Air leather sleeves Supercherry iPad Accessories 1 Nov 1, 2013 01:52 AM
Brussardo Leather iPhone 5 leather case No Regrets iPhone Accessories 5 Nov 14, 2012 06:00 PM
iPhone 5 Hands-on Videos Compilation, Official Review To Be Added iBreatheApple iPhone 17 Sep 18, 2012 08:25 PM
iPhone 5 Cases, Sleeves, Pouches, and Screen Protectors Thread ducatiti iPhone Accessories 3 Sep 15, 2012 11:15 PM
Compilation of new iPhone 5 leak/render pictures. Technarchy iPhone 164 Sep 10, 2012 09:53 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC