Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Where do you normally use or stick them ........after you take your product out of the box?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Mine are still in the boxes. I usually dont take them out until I sell a product. I put one on a Moleskin notebook and the clear boarder didnt look right because of the texture of the book.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Where do you normally use or stick them ........after you take your product out of the box?

Mine generally remain in the box. I can't think of anything I have at the moment that I'd want to stick them on. Pretty much everything I own, which isn't much, is impermanent in the sense that I could have a need to sell it at any point. Stickers generally don't help with that.

touchmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
I put one on the back of an HP laptop at the office and it freaked out the guy who maintains our system.
"WTF, I didn't know Apple made HP's!"
He he.

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Mine stay with the original packaging to be passed along to whoever buys my device down the road.

Last edited:

jdiamond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2008
Doesn't everybody?

I've been making accurate scale models of every Apple store, in order of introduction, out of painted Styrofoam and glass. For the "Apple" logo on each store, I put one of those Apple stickers. Every 2-3 models, I have to buy a new Apple computer to get more stickers, but it takes a long time to build the models, so it's not too bad.

The only problem is I'm accumulating a large pile of Macs in the corner of my room and don't know what to do with them. Without the Apple stickers, they seem kinda useless. :(

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I've been making accurate scale models of every Apple store, in order of introduction, out of painted Styrofoam and glass. For the "Apple" logo on each store, I put one of those Apple stickers. Every 2-3 models, I have to buy a new Apple computer to get more stickers, but it takes a long time to build the models, so it's not too bad.

The only problem is I'm accumulating a large pile of Macs in the corner of my room and don't know what to do with them. Without the Apple stickers, they seem kinda useless. :(

Seeing as your models consist of Styrofoam and glass, I'd argue that they're actually highly inaccurate. ;)

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Seeing as your models consist of Styrofoam and glass, I'd argue that they're actually highly inaccurate. ;)

1. Seems like a troll.
2. Just because they are made out of styrofoam and glass doesn't mean the aren't to scale.

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
I put them in a book and write the date and what product it was for. I know it sounds cheesy. :apple:

quick edit; i just noticed 3 demi-god posts.

Last edited:

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357315369.996743.jpg
I keep my iTunes for my iPod classic on an external hard drive .....so there goes my sticker for some justification ;)

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
1. Seems like a troll.
2. Just because they are made out of styrofoam and glass doesn't mean the aren't to scale.

1. Agreed.
2. Didn't say they weren't to scale, just inaccurate (I've never heard of an Apple Store made of Styrofoam & glass before).

quick edit; i just noticed 3 demi-god posts.

We are Demi-Gods.
Demi-Gods are Everyone.
Demi-Gods are Everywhere.
We do not forget.
We do not forgive.
We are Legion.
Expect us...or something.

ALMF

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
I dont understand the real need to add these stickers in the package. I actually never noticed them before I bought the iPhone 5.

Looked in my other boxes and surely they are there too. Now I have to handfull of stickers to stick around town

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
Great question and one i was wondering myself. I have so many of these in drawers but can't bear to throw them away.

I have thought about the common use of putting the one on the car, but i never have been a car sticker person. I even take the dealer stickers and license plate frames off the car. They are not paying me for that marketing.

I'd like to think of some other creative thing to do with them.

As an aside i had a couple at my office one time and gave them to a colleague and he used them to cover the logo on his company issued Dell :)

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I put one on my car. I throw the rest away.

We did once cover someone's cubicle with them at work when we received 40 iPads.

Objector

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
So far I have only used two stickers. One is attached to the cover of my MBP is in and the other one is on one of my guitar cases.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Small one from my shuffle on the front of my bike.

Used to have one on my desk, but I have a white one now :p

Rest are in boxes still just incase.

zybersniper

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
I put it on all my accessories for the Apple products. I have many external HDD and I label the ones formatted for Macs with the stickers as well. The paint on the stickers scuff easily though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.