Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 4, 2013, 03:55 PM   #1
BugsBunny
macrumors member

Someone logged into my account

I got an email from Apple just now:

"Your Apple ID () was used to sign in to FaceTime, iCloud, and iMessage on an iPhone 4S named “iPhone”.
If you have not recently set up an iPhone with your Apple ID, then you should change your Apple ID password. Learn more."

I still have an iphone 4 and so this was rather distressing, so obviously I immediately went and changed my password to something newer/more sophisticated.

My question is: Am I at risk of anything now? My current phone didn't ask me for a new password, so is the other guy who is logged in as me on an iPhone 4s now walking around with permanent access to my iCloud/iMessages/etc. on that phone?
BugsBunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 04:06 PM   #2
BugsBunny
macrumors member

Okay

Now my phone did ask me for a new password for iCloud. So hopefully I changed the password fast enough that the other logger-inner didn't damage anything?
BugsBunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 04:11 PM   #3
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsBunny View Post
I got an email from Apple just now:

"Your Apple ID () was used to sign in to FaceTime, iCloud, and iMessage on an iPhone 4S named “iPhone”.
If you have not recently set up an iPhone with your Apple ID, then you should change your Apple ID password. Learn more."

I still have an iphone 4 and so this was rather distressing, so obviously I immediately went and changed my password to something newer/more sophisticated.

My question is: Am I at risk of anything now? My current phone didn't ask me for a new password, so is the other guy who is logged in as me on an iPhone 4s now walking around with permanent access to my iCloud/iMessages/etc. on that phone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsBunny View Post
Now my phone did ask me for a new password for iCloud. So hopefully I changed the password fast enough that the other logger-inner didn't damage anything?
A couple of things you could try, if needed (I haven't had this happen to me so I can't speak from experience), are:
  1. Launch Find My iPhone and see if the mystery 4S shows up there
  2. Use iTunes to check for devices associated with your Apple ID and remove the 4S from there, if needed
Again, I don't know if either one is necessary considering you promptly changed your password however I'd recommend both, just in case.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services