Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:49 AM   #26
workingbee
macrumors newbie

Can't successfully get through the procedure...

Hi all,
I followed the procedure as described above. I got an error message stating that while the p06-caldav.icloud.com could be located, my AppleID couldn't be verified (although I confirmed it's valid with Itunes).

This might be related to the following directive that I could not figure out:
"Also automatic refresh does not seem to work, so I changed to 15 minutes.
Next click create."

Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance !
workingbee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:15 PM   #27
fat jez
macrumors 65816

based on the name of the server (e.g. p06-caldev), it's entirely possible that there are multiple servers and your account is on a different one.
fat jez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 03:14 PM   #28
nickgfromdc
macrumors newbie

I was finally able to sync iCal on my computer by deleting the "old" account iCal syncs. I then re-added the account Account Type > MobileMe. Everything syncs fine now on iCal. Trying to get Address Book to sync now.
nickgfromdc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 04:50 PM   #29
dabrains
macrumors newbie

Try Adding a NEW iCal

Changing the server did not work for me at first. I backed up all my cals then added a new iCal using the server mentions and Voila! Works. Maybe will work for those that can't get it working.
dabrains is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 08:37 AM   #30
c:v
macrumors regular

That is awesome, thank you so much! I only use Lion on my laptop but keep Snow Leopard on the Mac Pro. Syncing with all devices was a pain as the iPhone was syncing all that through iTunes before, which meant that the Laptop never had the calendar up to date!
c:v is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 01:05 PM   #31
missbright
macrumors newbie

Still need help!

I think I'm having the same issue as posted in this thread.

iCal on my computer (OS X Lion) and on iCloud sync normally, but on my iPhone 4 (iOS5), none of my events show up.

iCloud is enabled on my phone, and so is iCal...

I saw the solution about changing the server- HOWEVER, I am challenged when it comes to technology. Can someone PLEASE dumb down the solution for me?

Thanks
missbright is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:36 PM   #32
c:v
macrumors regular

Does this still work? I can't seem to sync anymore and pinging doesn't work? p06-caldav.icloud.com
c:v is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:15 AM   #33
Wicker
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustmiller17 View Post
Found this on another forum, and it worked for me...

Server Address: p06-caldav.icloud.com

Just set up as a CalDav account, and used my iTunes account info for username and password. Worked like a charm. All my iCloud calendars just popped up.

Running OS X 10.6.8, iCal 4.0.4
Amazing! This worked perfectly thanks very much
Wicker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:03 PM   #34
muzikmakur
macrumors newbie

Lion Mac Air Calendar

I have a different sync issue. I can't upgrade my iMac to Lion yet and my new Mac Air of course will only use Lion. I'm still syncing through mobile me with my iPhone and iPad and iMac. But the calendar on my mac air is not syncing with mobile me. Anybody got an ideas on how to make this happen? Can't upgrade to iCloud yet.
muzikmakur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:58 PM   #35
nhckr
macrumors newbie

Worked

Thank you augustmiller17. Works as described. Enabled iCloud services by setting up new @me.com account and used iTunes authentication
nhckr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:13 AM   #36
Trouble1
macrumors member

Thank You

This worked nicely.
Gotta love the product
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:04 PM   #37
diane143
macrumors 6502

Didn't work for me but I am still on Leopard. Did anyone get it working through Leopard?

Ordering SL next week, will lose my laser printer and Eudora on the laptop <sigh>. At least I still have my G4.
diane143 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:44 PM   #38
vjaaan
macrumors regular

I thought that iCloud only worked on macs with Lion. I was putting off getting Lion since I heard I could not use my iDVD anymore. But I wanted iCloud.

How does one get iCloud on a Snow Leopard MacBook Pro?

Thanks.
vjaaan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:13 PM   #39
Lurchdubious
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Lurchdubious
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjaaan View Post
I thought that iCloud only worked on macs with Lion. I was putting off getting Lion since I heard I could not use my iDVD anymore. But I wanted iCloud.

How does one get iCloud on a Snow Leopard MacBook Pro?

Thanks.
One doesn't. This thread is about getting iCal to sync with iCloud on macs without Lion.
13" 2.4 Ghz Unibody MB, ATV2: Assorted iPods
Lurchdubious is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:39 PM   #40
Flybye
macrumors regular

Love to give a big THANK YOU.

I just edited my iCal in SL with p06-caldav.icloud.com. I now have my mini syncing with my iPad and 2x4S.
Flybye is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:49 PM   #41
Pozemom
macrumors newbie

Augustmiller is obviously the person I have been looking for! I have been putting off the move to iCloud for as long as possible because we are a family of 5 with many devices and we share many calendars. Everyone is running Lion and IOS5 except our youngest child, who still runs LEOPARD. We have taken the leap and everyone is successfully sharing our calendars except our LEOPARD user. It sounds like your solution will allow us to share our iCloud calendars with her, too, but I need a more step by step explanation of what to do. I apologize for being a slow learner, but would SO APPRECIATE your help!
Pozemom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:01 AM   #42
citizenstrange
macrumors newbie

This worked for me

Here's what worked for me on 10.6.8:

First, backup your current ical calendars in case this doesn't work! Click File/Export/ical Archive.

Go to ical pref's then accounts. Delete your current non-working mobile me account, then click the + to add an account.

Choose CalDav from the "Account Type" dropdown. Type in your complete mobile me email (under Username) and password (should be the same for your new icloud account), and under "Server Address" put: p06-caldav.icloud.com

That should be it, but if you get a prompt asking to pick from different calendars available, choose the icloud version.

Done

Calendar syncing confirmed working here. Calendars moved to a different day in ical we're pushed to my iphone.
citizenstrange is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 05:55 PM   #43
chuges
macrumors member

works flawlessly, THANK YOU!! (running latest version of SL)

fyi, you don't have to use a "@me.com" username, you can use whatever email address you have associated with icloud
chuges is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:39 PM   #44
spideroxley
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Just set up as a CalDav account, and used my iTunes account info for username and password. Worked like a charm. All my iCloud calendars just popped up.

This has been frustrating me for months. Can't believe there's such an easy solution. Thank you so much augustmiller
spideroxley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:31 PM   #45
diane143
macrumors 6502

Now that I've updated to SL, I've been able to sync my calendar back to the laptop! I still have doubles on the phone but hopefully they'll work themselves out

Thanks!
diane143 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:21 AM   #46
GhostMac24
macrumors regular

Just found the following LINK and it was perfect. The "06" server address mentioned in this thread could be different for different people. For example, mine was 03 following the directions in the LINK. I also took a screen capture of the web link.

Hope this helps others!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown-1.png
Views:	186
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	343934  
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:42 PM   #47
k4r1m
macrumors newbie

Sign In to iCloud.com

You can Sign in to icloud.com and there you can select all your contacts and export them as vCard an your snow leopard machine will now have all your idivice contacts.
itīs tedious but works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC. View Post
That seems to be a no go from my experience and what I've tried to find on the net....

On 10.6, Mail works and iCal to an extent, but I can't seem to find a carddav server address that will work...

I've also since found that iCal on 10.5.8 will not play with iCloud calendars.....But of a bummer for family members on older Macs (probably their one and only) and who don't change machines as readily as some of us, but who also have iOS devices and now iCloud accounts.........I really don't get where Apple are going with all this....
k4r1m is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:10 AM   #48
IanDownward
macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Quote:

This worked so well I had to join to say thank you, can't believe it was that simple after all this time!
IanDownward is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:53 AM   #49
jgcmac
macrumors newbie

Thanks augustmiller17

It was a very good clue. It didn't work at first, but it was fine after some modifications.

There is a step by step guide at Harvard Physics that may be useful to many:
http://computing.physics.harvard.edu/icloud
jgcmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 03:37 PM   #50
laurbuck66
macrumors newbie

What about subscribed calendars?

Thank you augustmiller, the CalDAV workaround to sync Snow Leopard iCal 4 with my iPhone worked like a CHARM!!

One thing, though- it didn't bring along my Subscriptions, and I realllly need my son's frequently updated marching band calendar subscription. And, because I technically don't have iCloud syncing ability with 10.6.8, there is no choice for adding the band cal to iCloud under the Subscription settings, only My Mac.

I know, I know- I could just pull the trigger on Mountain Lion for $20. I might just have to do that.

But, the geek in me wants to know if there's a way to get a dynamic (updates on it's own) subscription added to this new set of calendars that magically updates even though Snow Leopard doesn't have iCal capabilities!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!
laurbuck66 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services