Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 4, 2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Deanofmean1000
macrumors newbie

Will apple repair my mac?

Hello,

A few months ago I purchased a MacBook Pro and after a few days noticed what I thought was a dead pixel on the screen. After ringing apple
Care they advised me to return the item to where I bought it (Amazon) as the problem had occurred so soon.

I was happy with this but after an inspection from a friend I was informed the pixel wasn't dead but just stuck. I wasn't aware of this difference and was directed toward a widget which played fast moving colours over the stuck pixel to see if it fixed it. Thankfully after two attempts this worked and all was good. Now though in a different area of the screen an actual dead pixel has appeared. I tried the same thing as before to no avail. I was wondering if I took the MacBook to an Apple store would they repair it or say that i should have just swapped it with Amazon?

Any help would be appreciated!

Ian
Deanofmean1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help