Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 4, 2013, 04:57 PM   #176
ravenvii
Thread Starter
macrumors 604
 
ravenvii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Melenkurion Skyweir


Game over. Villagers win.

That's right. There was only one infection, believe it or not.

Roles (you already know it, but here goes):
Twietee + Queen of Spades: Alpha Werewolf + Werewolf
Koodauw: Infected Werewolf
Rodimus Prime: Seer
mrkramer: Hunter

GAME OVER!
__________________
59 6F 75 20 73 70 6F 6F 6E 79 20 62 61 72 64 21
ravenvii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:02 PM   #177
Scepticalscribe
Contributor
 
Scepticalscribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kite flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenvii View Post
Image

Game over. Villagers win.

That's right. There was only one infection, believe it or not.

Roles (you already know it, but here goes):
Twietee + Queen of Spades: Alpha Werewolf + Werewolf
Koodauw: Infected Werewolf
Rodimus Prime: Seer
mrkramer: Hunter

GAME OVER!
Congratulations on the story telling and the appearance of the chronicle - I must say that I quite liked the appearance of a fresh broadsheet newspaper. And congrats, too, on a tight, well-run game, despite the difficulty of rousing people to participate actively despite the many distractions afforded by the Yuletide Season and the incoming New Year.

And - perhaps most importantly of all - very well done villagers. A very nice victory, and to think I doubted it would come to pass.......

And, after all that angst, there was only one (successful) infection. I honestly thought the village was crawling with infected furries.

Perhaps the GG could possibly care to give us the narrative sequence of what happened when, and how, and to whom......(at his convenience, needless to say)
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:04 PM   #178
mrkramer
macrumors 601
 
mrkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenvii View Post
Image

Game over. Villagers win.

That's right. There was only one infection, believe it or not.

Roles (you already know it, but here goes):
Twietee + Queen of Spades: Alpha Werewolf + Werewolf
Koodauw: Infected Werewolf
Rodimus Prime: Seer
mrkramer: Hunter

GAME OVER!
I'm definitely happy that we won, but did the votes get counted right? unless I'm missing something Jav was in the lead with 2 votes.
In post #160 you said that votes were reset after I killed SS.
After that I voted for Jav in 165
Jav voted for plutonius in 167
Plutonius voted for Jav in 171
Then Moyank voted for Koodauw in 175

So wouldn't the totals be
Jav - 2
Plutonius - 1
Koodauw - 1

Or am I missing something?
__________________
"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind." -Mikhail Gorbachev
mrkramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:08 PM   #179
Queen of Spades
macrumors 68020
 
Queen of Spades's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Iron Throne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkramer View Post
I'm definitely happy that we won, but did the votes get counted right? unless I'm missing something Jav was in the lead with 2 votes.
In post #160 you said that votes were reset after I killed SS.
After that I voted for Jav in 165
Jav voted for plutonius in 167
Plutonius voted for Jav in 171
Then Moyank voted for Koodauw in 175

So wouldn't the totals be
Jav - 2
Plutonius - 1
Koodauw - 1

Or am I missing something?
Was just about to post the same thing. Jav had 2 votes, Plutonius and Koodauw each had one.
__________________
It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.
Queen of Spades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:14 PM   #180
Scepticalscribe
Contributor
 
Scepticalscribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kite flying
I normally keep a detailed tally of votes, but was away for two days, and then got killed. So, my tally is as it was before I left, (i.e. out of date) and I only rapidly read the thread without paying close heed to what was actually happening on my return tonight. Hence, I never even spotted this........
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:28 PM   #181
Tomorrow
macrumors 603
 
Tomorrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Always a day away
Wow, I was SURE there would be more than one infection - great job, village!

Props to ravenvii for running the game, and for the narratives - the newspaper clippings were a nice touch!
__________________
I would scream just to be heard, as if yelling at the stars - I was bleeding just to feel.
You would never say a word, kept me reaching in the dark - always something to conceal.
Tomorrow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:30 PM   #182
Plutonius
macrumors 601
 
Plutonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkramer View Post
I'm definitely happy that we won, but did the votes get counted right? unless I'm missing something Jav was in the lead with 2 votes.
In post #160 you said that votes were reset after I killed SS.
After that I voted for Jav in 165
Jav voted for plutonius in 167
Plutonius voted for Jav in 171
Then Moyank voted for Koodauw in 175

So wouldn't the totals be
Jav - 2
Plutonius - 1
Koodauw - 1

Or am I missing something?
Have you ever seen Jav. Maybe he looks just like Koodauw .

I would probably give this win to the WW. If Jav was hung, mrkramer would have been eaten at night and I'm 100% sure I would have been hung the next day. I also have no idea why people always think I'm the WW.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:41 PM   #183
mrkramer
macrumors 601
 
mrkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
Have you ever seen Jav. Maybe he looks just like Koodauw .

I would probably give this win to the WW. If Jav was hung, mrkramer would have been eaten at night and I'm 100% sure I would have been hung the next day. I also have no idea why people always think I'm the WW.
I would have protected myself most likely, so I would have survived at least one more day, the next night I was going to be gone though.
__________________
"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind." -Mikhail Gorbachev
mrkramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:02 PM   #184
ravenvii
Thread Starter
macrumors 604
 
ravenvii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Melenkurion Skyweir
****. You guys are right; somehow I counted Moyank24's vote for Koodauw twice AND missed Plutonius's vote for Jav. No idea what happened there.
ravenvii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:09 PM   #185
Queen of Spades
macrumors 68020
 
Queen of Spades's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Iron Throne
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenvii View Post
****. You guys are right; somehow I counted Moyank24's vote for Koodauw twice AND missed Plutonius's vote for Jav. No idea what happened there.
I think that means automatic wolf victory.

And I've got strep, so I'm home and incredibly bored - who's starting the next one?
__________________
It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.
Queen of Spades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:10 PM   #186
mrkramer
macrumors 601
 
mrkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Spades View Post
I
And I've got strep, so I'm home and incredibly bored - who's starting the next one?
Appleguy had a thread started shortly after this one started that he put on hold since he found out about this game. I might go and revive that thread to see if he still wants to do it.
__________________
"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind." -Mikhail Gorbachev
mrkramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:27 PM   #187
Scepticalscribe
Contributor
 
Scepticalscribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kite flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenvii View Post
****. You guys are right; somehow I counted Moyank24's vote for Koodauw twice AND missed Plutonius's vote for Jav. No idea what happened there.
So, er, what has, in fact, happened? - Or, what has been decided has happened? And, more to the point, has one side - or the other - actually been able to claim victory?
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:37 PM   #188
Queen of Spades
macrumors 68020
 
Queen of Spades's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Iron Throne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
Sigh. I think I'll pass on this for now.
Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
So, er, what has, in fact, happened? - Or, what has been decided has happened? And, more to the point, has one side - or the other - actually been able to claim victory?
ravenvii incorrectly counted the lynch votes, revealing Koodauw as the final wolf when it was jav that was supposed to be hung. So game over. No real winner.
__________________
It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.
Queen of Spades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:42 PM   #189
Rodimus Prime
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Spades View Post
Ouch.



ravenvii incorrectly counted the lynch votes, revealing Koodauw as the final wolf when it was jav that was supposed to be hung. So game over. No real winner.
My guess is Koodauw would of been killed the next day any how.
Rodimus Prime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:53 PM   #190
mrkramer
macrumors 601
 
mrkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime View Post
My guess is Koodauw would of been killed the next day any how.
Although if he played it right he would have infected when it started to look like he was going down and we would have another wolf to deal with.

And a question for Ravenvii, were there any attempted infections that were stopped, or did they only try one?
__________________
"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind." -Mikhail Gorbachev
mrkramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:04 PM   #191
Koodauw
macrumors 68040
 
Koodauw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Madison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime View Post
My guess is Koodauw would of been killed the next day any how.
I dont under stand how this happens. Not only did Jav have two votes to my one, but he had reached the total first.

With Jav gone, there would be 5 left. I would have killed at night leaving 4 of us, and infected. That would have meant we were down to two wolves, and two villagers, which means a wolf win.

I literally just had to PM the Kill and the infection, and as long as neither was blocked we would have won.

I feel like the Packers with replacement refs. JFC.

On a positive shout out to Moyank for being hot on my trail.
Koodauw is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:11 PM   #192
Plutonius
macrumors 601
 
Plutonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodauw View Post
I dont under stand how this happens. Not only did Jav have two votes to my one, but he had reached the total first.

With Jav gone, there would be 5 left. I would have killed at night leaving 4 of us, and infected. That would have meant we were down to two wolves, and two villagers, which means a wolf win.

I literally just had to PM the Kill and the infection, and as long as neither was blocked we would have won.

I feel like the Packers with replacement refs. JFC.

On a positive shout out to Moyank for being hot on my trail.
I was suspicious of you but I couldn't do anything else with Jav voting for me. I had to vote for Jav to make sure I didn't get hung.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:16 PM   #193
mrkramer
macrumors 601
 
mrkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodauw View Post
I dont under stand how this happens. Not only did Jav have two votes to my one, but he had reached the total first.

With Jav gone, there would be 5 left. I would have killed at night leaving 4 of us, and infected. That would have meant we were down to two wolves, and two villagers, which means a wolf win.

I literally just had to PM the Kill and the infection, and as long as neither was blocked we would have won.

I feel like the Packers with replacement refs. JFC.

On a positive shout out to Moyank for being hot on my trail.
Yeah, you guys would have won as long as the infection wasn't blocked. If I were you I would have tried to kill the hunter during the night, if that works then there is no protection and you can infect anyone during the day and if it fails then you know that I protected myself and you can infect anyone else without fear of it failing. Just wait to see how the votes are going and infect someone who isn't getting killed, then even if you die there is a new alpha who can infect again. Best case for the villagers is ending the day with 1 wolf and 3 villagers, that wolf then kills the hunter during the night and infects the next morning winning it for the wolves. since there are 2 wolves and 1 villager.

That's why I don't really like the wolves having more than one infection, it seems to pretty much guarantee a victory for them unless they play completely incompetently...
__________________
"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind." -Mikhail Gorbachev
mrkramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:16 PM   #194
Comeagain?
macrumors 68020
 
Comeagain?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
see... I'm not the only one who can miscount the votes...
__________________
Questions? MRoogle it!
Current iOS 8 "All the little things!"
MR Scavenger Score: 1
Comeagain? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:23 PM   #195
Koodauw
macrumors 68040
 
Koodauw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Madison
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkramer View Post
Yeah, you guys would have won as long as the infection wasn't blocked. If I were you I would have tried to kill the hunter during the night, if that works then there is no protection and you can infect anyone during the day and if it fails then you know that I protected myself and you can infect anyone else without fear of it failing. Just wait to see how the votes are going and infect someone who isn't getting killed, then even if you die there is a new alpha who can infect again. Best case for the villagers is ending the day with 1 wolf and 3 villagers, that wolf then kills the hunter during the night and infects the next morning winning it for the wolves. since there are 2 wolves and 1 villager.

That's why I don't really like the wolves having more than one infection, it seems to pretty much guarantee a victory for them unless they play completely incompetently...
I wouldnt have gone after you. Its the most obvious move for the wolf.
Koodauw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:27 PM   #196
mrkramer
macrumors 601
 
mrkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodauw View Post
I wouldnt have gone after you. Its the most obvious move for the wolf.
I guess, but since everyone knew I was the hunter it wouldn't throw any more suspicion on any particular person, and it would take out the risk of you losing your infection from me protecting someone else...
__________________
"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind." -Mikhail Gorbachev
mrkramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:18 PM   #197
Intell
macrumors P6
 
Intell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Inside
Wonderful game. Nice to see the villagers win once again.
__________________
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 6:21 AM.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:06 PM   #198
Moyank24
macrumors 68040
 
Moyank24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in a New York State of mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodauw View Post
I dont under stand how this happens. Not only did Jav have two votes to my one, but he had reached the total first.

With Jav gone, there would be 5 left. I would have killed at night leaving 4 of us, and infected. That would have meant we were down to two wolves, and two villagers, which means a wolf win.

I literally just had to PM the Kill and the infection, and as long as neither was blocked we would have won.

I feel like the Packers with replacement refs. JFC.

On a positive shout out to Moyank for being hot on my trail.
Let's be honest. I'm awesome. And people need to listen to me more often.
Moyank24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:38 PM   #199
ravenvii
Thread Starter
macrumors 604
 
ravenvii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Melenkurion Skyweir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodauw View Post
I dont under stand how this happens. Not only did Jav have two votes to my one, but he had reached the total first.
I didn't see Plutonius' vote, so Jav had "one" vote, and I somehow counted Moyank24's vote twice (because she posted twice in a row and for some reason I thought it's two players posting).

So basically I miscounted it as Jav having 1 vote and you having 2. That's how it happened.

Hey, I'm only human.
__________________
59 6F 75 20 73 70 6F 6F 6E 79 20 62 61 72 64 21
ravenvii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:47 PM   #200
Plutonius
macrumors 601
 
Plutonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenvii View Post
Hey, I'm only human.
I'll remember that next time in a game when someone accuses you of being a WW .

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
Let's be honest. I'm awesome. And people need to listen to me more often.
Of course you are except when you are a WW. I wasn't doing much that game except voting defensively to counter Jav's votes .
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[WW] Triumph and Heartbreak on the Oregon Trail - GAME OVER/VILLAGERS WIN rick snagwell Community Discussion 382 Apr 29, 2014 09:51 PM
[WW] Thin's be stirrin' up again in Werewolville! [GAME OVER] WEREWOLVES WIN ravenvii Community Discussion 234 Jun 7, 2013 04:22 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC