Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
last.jpg

Game over. Villagers win.

That's right. There was only one infection, believe it or not.

Roles (you already know it, but here goes):
Twietee + Queen of Spades: Alpha Werewolf + Werewolf
Koodauw: Infected Werewolf
Rodimus Prime: Seer
mrkramer: Hunter

GAME OVER!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

GAME OVER!

Congratulations on the story telling and the appearance of the chronicle - I must say that I quite liked the appearance of a fresh broadsheet newspaper. And congrats, too, on a tight, well-run game, despite the difficulty of rousing people to participate actively despite the many distractions afforded by the Yuletide Season and the incoming New Year.

And - perhaps most importantly of all - very well done villagers. A very nice victory, and to think I doubted it would come to pass.......

And, after all that angst, there was only one (successful) infection. I honestly thought the village was crawling with infected furries.

Perhaps the GG could possibly care to give us the narrative sequence of what happened when, and how, and to whom......(at his convenience, needless to say)

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

GAME OVER!

I'm definitely happy that we won, but did the votes get counted right? unless I'm missing something Jav was in the lead with 2 votes.
In post #160 you said that votes were reset after I killed SS.
After that I voted for Jav in 165
Jav voted for plutonius in 167
Plutonius voted for Jav in 171
Then Moyank voted for Koodauw in 175

So wouldn't the totals be
Jav - 2
Plutonius - 1
Koodauw - 1

Or am I missing something?

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
I'm definitely happy that we won, but did the votes get counted right? unless I'm missing something Jav was in the lead with 2 votes.

Jav - 2
Plutonius - 1
Koodauw - 1

Was just about to post the same thing. Jav had 2 votes, Plutonius and Koodauw each had one.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I normally keep a detailed tally of votes, but was away for two days, and then got killed. So, my tally is as it was before I left, (i.e. out of date) and I only rapidly read the thread without paying close heed to what was actually happening on my return tonight. Hence, I never even spotted this........

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Wow, I was SURE there would be more than one infection - great job, village!

Props to ravenvii for running the game, and for the narratives - the newspaper clippings were a nice touch! :cool:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA

Jav - 2
Plutonius - 1
Koodauw - 1

Have you ever seen Jav. Maybe he looks just like Koodauw :D.

I would probably give this win to the WW. If Jav was hung, mrkramer would have been eaten at night and I'm 100% sure I would have been hung the next day. I also have no idea why people always think I'm the WW.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Have you ever seen Jav. Maybe he looks just like Koodauw :D.

I would probably give this win to the WW. If Jav was hung, mrkramer would have been eaten at night and I'm 100% sure I would have been hung the next day. I also have no idea why people always think I'm the WW.

I would have protected myself most likely, so I would have survived at least one more day, the next night I was going to be gone though.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
****. You guys are right; somehow I counted Moyank24's vote for Koodauw twice AND missed Plutonius's vote for Jav. No idea what happened there.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I
And I've got strep, so I'm home and incredibly bored - who's starting the next one?

Appleguy had a thread started shortly after this one started that he put on hold since he found out about this game. I might go and revive that thread to see if he still wants to do it.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
****. You guys are right; somehow I counted Moyank24's vote for Koodauw twice AND missed Plutonius's vote for Jav. No idea what happened there.

So, er, what has, in fact, happened? - Or, what has been decided has happened? And, more to the point, has one side - or the other - actually been able to claim victory?

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Sigh. I think I'll pass on this for now.

Ouch. ;)

So, er, what has, in fact, happened? - Or, what has been decided has happened? And, more to the point, has one side - or the other - actually been able to claim victory?

ravenvii incorrectly counted the lynch votes, revealing Koodauw as the final wolf when it was jav that was supposed to be hung. So game over. No real winner.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
My guess is Koodauw would of been killed the next day any how.

Although if he played it right he would have infected when it started to look like he was going down and we would have another wolf to deal with.

And a question for Ravenvii, were there any attempted infections that were stopped, or did they only try one?

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
My guess is Koodauw would of been killed the next day any how.

I dont under stand how this happens. Not only did Jav have two votes to my one, but he had reached the total first.

With Jav gone, there would be 5 left. I would have killed at night leaving 4 of us, and infected. That would have meant we were down to two wolves, and two villagers, which means a wolf win.

I literally just had to PM the Kill and the infection, and as long as neither was blocked we would have won.

I feel like the Packers with replacement refs. JFC. :mad:

On a positive shout out to Moyank for being hot on my trail.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I dont under stand how this happens. Not only did Jav have two votes to my one, but he had reached the total first.

With Jav gone, there would be 5 left. I would have killed at night leaving 4 of us, and infected. That would have meant we were down to two wolves, and two villagers, which means a wolf win.

I literally just had to PM the Kill and the infection, and as long as neither was blocked we would have won.

I was suspicious of you but I couldn't do anything else with Jav voting for me. I had to vote for Jav to make sure I didn't get hung.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

Yeah, you guys would have won as long as the infection wasn't blocked. If I were you I would have tried to kill the hunter during the night, if that works then there is no protection and you can infect anyone during the day and if it fails then you know that I protected myself and you can infect anyone else without fear of it failing. Just wait to see how the votes are going and infect someone who isn't getting killed, then even if you die there is a new alpha who can infect again. Best case for the villagers is ending the day with 1 wolf and 3 villagers, that wolf then kills the hunter during the night and infects the next morning winning it for the wolves. since there are 2 wolves and 1 villager.

That's why I don't really like the wolves having more than one infection, it seems to pretty much guarantee a victory for them unless they play completely incompetently...

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Yeah, you guys would have won as long as the infection wasn't blocked. If I were you I would have tried to kill the hunter during the night, if that works then there is no protection and you can infect anyone during the day and if it fails then you know that I protected myself and you can infect anyone else without fear of it failing. Just wait to see how the votes are going and infect someone who isn't getting killed, then even if you die there is a new alpha who can infect again. Best case for the villagers is ending the day with 1 wolf and 3 villagers, that wolf then kills the hunter during the night and infects the next morning winning it for the wolves. since there are 2 wolves and 1 villager.

That's why I don't really like the wolves having more than one infection, it seems to pretty much guarantee a victory for them unless they play completely incompetently...

I wouldnt have gone after you. Its the most obvious move for the wolf.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I wouldnt have gone after you. Its the most obvious move for the wolf.

I guess, but since everyone knew I was the hunter it wouldn't throw any more suspicion on any particular person, and it would take out the risk of you losing your infection from me protecting someone else...

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind

Let's be honest. I'm awesome. ;) And people need to listen to me more often. :D

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir

I didn't see Plutonius' vote, so Jav had "one" vote, and I somehow counted Moyank24's vote twice (because she posted twice in a row and for some reason I thought it's two players posting).

So basically I miscounted it as Jav having 1 vote and you having 2. That's how it happened.

Hey, I'm only human. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.