Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:16 PM   #1
blueshogun96
macrumors member

Exception Handling

I've done lots of searching on this, but haven't found what I needed. I'm trying to write an exception handler for MacOSX, but all I've found information on is std::exception and some really obscure examples on NSException.

What I need is have the exact memory location (or should I say, the value of the EIP or RIP register) and the value of the x86 registers when the exception occurs as well as the exception code. Maybe this functionality isn't available on MacOSX, but this is what I've gotten used to using on Windows (yeah, I'm spoiled). Am I missing something? Thanks.

Shogun.
blueshogun96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming