Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SupadudeX

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006
To the people who are waiting that Apple would make a larger/wider screen, that's is an impossible kind of wish that Apple wil never ever do it.Look at the Iphone 5 coomercial Thumb.Why do you think Apple doesn't change the screen to wider ? All I can say that don't expect a wider screen on Iphone.

Wanna bet? I guarantee you they will release a larger screen iPhone. Maybe not the 5S, but definitely the 6.

Multiple Macbook Pro sizes -> Multiple iPad Sizes -> Multiple iPhone sizes.

Embrace the future.

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Wanna bet? I guarantee you they will release a larger screen iPhone. Maybe not the 5S, but definitely the 6.

Multiple Macbook Pro sizes -> Multiple iPad Sizes -> Multiple iPhone sizes.

Embrace the future.

Why not betting :)

I meant that they won't get the size any larger than that.If it become a phone like S3 size I would never ever buy it.They are trying to make people use more tablets that's why they have different sizes of Ipads and secondly they want to finish the netbooks also that why they have the smallest the biggest ;)

So that's why I believe Apple wouldn't go to larger screen.They could do different sizes but not larger than this one.

lamerica80

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Im on a 2 year contract but say double batterlife would make me consider an early upgrade, since i find the battery life to be a constant source of stress.

Besides that im happy with the phone. Dont need it to be faster, dont need a better camera, dont need a bigger display. All that can wait 2 years easy.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
bigger screen, I'm not doing the 5 to 5s like I did the 4 to 4s because it was just pointless

SupadudeX

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006
Why not betting :)

I meant that they won't get the size any larger than that.If it become a phone like S3 size I would never ever buy it.They are trying to make people use more tablets that's why they have different sizes of Ipads and secondly they want to finish the netbooks also that why they have the smallest the biggest ;)

So that's why I believe Apple wouldn't go to larger screen.They could do different sizes but not larger than this one.

A tablet does not replace a phone with a larger screen. Theres a big difference between a tablet and a phone. A tablet doesn't fit in your pocket, a phone does.

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
Intel Core i7 5th generation clocked in at 5.08 GHz
900 GB of 10,000 MHz RAM
NVIDIA 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000XM graphics
300,000 TB of Flash

All in a device that's as thin as four atoms :D:D:D:D:apple::apple::apple::apple:

radiologyman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Bigger screen please with sugar on top. Or improve screen readability in direct sunlight. But if performance can be doubled I will still bite.:eek:

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
A tablet does not replace a phone with a larger screen. Theres a big difference between a tablet and a phone. A tablet doesn't fit in your pocket, a phone does.

Yes , you are right but if you purchase only phone and no other product you are not a good customer . But if you purchase tablet , phone ... you are great.That's what I am meaning actually.

SupadudeX

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006
Yes , you are right but if you purchase only phone and no other product you are not a good customer . But if you purchase tablet , phone ... you are great.That's what I am meaning actually.

I'll never purchase a tablet. Laptop & phone is all I need.

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
I'll never purchase a tablet. Laptop & phone is all I need.

Not all of us think that way. I think about the same like you do but a lot of my friends use Iphone and Ipad Mını and they have laptops.The ınteresting thing is I was saying the same thing like I am good with Iphone and Mac but 2 days ago I saw Ipad Mını , and bought one.I have Iphone-Ipad-Mac. But if the size of the Iphone gets bıgger I would asked myseldf should I buy it or no ? But this time I didnt beacuse there was a big difference.That's why ıf Apple makes the screen size bigger on Iphone , why whoul you buy and Ipad or Ipad Mini ? Got my point ??

m00min

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Not all of us think that way. I think about the same like you do but a lot of my friends use Iphone and Ipad Mını and they have laptops.The ınteresting thing is I was saying the same thing like I am good with Iphone and Mac but 2 days ago I saw Ipad Mını , and bought one.I have Iphone-Ipad-Mac. But if the size of the Iphone gets bıgger I would asked myseldf should I buy it or no ? But this time I didnt beacuse there was a big difference.That's why ıf Apple makes the screen size bigger on Iphone , why whoul you buy and Ipad or Ipad Mini ? Got my point ??

I like to be able to put my phone in my jeans pocket. If Apple make the iPhone screen too big it's not the iPad I wouldn't buy... :)

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
for 99% people up here, the only feature the new phone would have to have for them to buy it, is a big shiny apple logo.

SupadudeX

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006
I like to be able to put my phone in my jeans pocket. If Apple make the iPhone screen too big it's not the iPad I wouldn't buy... :)

Obviously not bigger than your pocket. But a 5 inch screen is still perfectly pocketable.

----------

I think the answer is that not everyone wants an iPad mini. Those that don't want to buy three separate device will look elsewhere if Apple doesn't provide an incentive to keep buying Apple.

xFiGGiE

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2012
Yeah, I forgot this was a Verizon deal. But I'm pretty happy with my Fios, landline, and cell service bundle, not to mention I'm grandfathered in to unlimited 4G, so I'm staying.

FALSE. Anyone on Verizon that has a smartphone and has LTE i.e. ANDROID can do this...It's Apples hardware limitations not Verizon's LTE.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
FALSE. Anyone on Verizon that has a smartphone and has LTE i.e. ANDROID can do this...It's Apples hardware limitations not Verizon's LTE.

I know...I had a Thunderbolt since they were released. But since we are talking about the iPhone 5, and my carrier is Verizon, I simply meant that the Verizon iPhone 5 can't do simultaneous talk and data, unlike other carriers. I don't give a rat's ass whose fault it is. If the next VERIZON iPhone has simultaneous talk/data, that's all it would take for me to sell my 5 and upgrade.

Hope that's clear enough now.

setty7

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
a little bigger screen (4.3"-4.7")

problemless wifi

better battery life

faster processor(although the i5 is fast!)

better multi-tasking (split-screen)

app killer (hate the double touch home screen crap)

updated siri (app intergrated)

I wouldnt mind a notification light like other smart phones have
im sure there is more....

duhyes

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
trading my iphone 5 to the next one for no fees cause scratches out of the box.

setty7

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
i think nfc is pointless. we have bluetooth, sms, and mms to send everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.