Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
no LTE in my area. This is what I got for 3 bars 3g network on sprint. Screw unlimited data. I rather have fast and limited data. how do I direct upload my image pic?
download 0.04MBPS 0.06MBPS upload 1853ms
download 0.11MBPS 0.00MBPS upload 240ms
download 0.04MBPS 0.22MBPS upload 290ms

It's so slow that websites don't load. I renewed 2yr contact when I upgraded to iphone5. Anyone else dealing with this frustration?

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
It's well known that Sprint data is horrifying.
They said they "upgraded" bunch of towers in my area. Lies!
Sounds like your area has awful coverage. I can't claim my speeds are top, but they are more than sufficient for me in my area.

3bars is awful coverage? I can get full 5bars and still not go over 1.3mbps. Seriously I know a place where I can be within 100 feet in the tower and I can't get pass 1.5. I don't like how they advertise "unlimited data" but forget to mention 0.11 download speeds :mad:

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
Network vision isn't complete in my area, but my speeds are decent. I'm at 2.5GB used after 11 days.

Orange County, CA

0nMxil.png

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
3bars is awful coverage? I can get full 5bars and still not go over 1.3mbps. Seriously I know a place where I can be within 100 feet in the tower and I can't get pass 1.5. I don't like how they advertise "unlimited data" but forget to mention 0.11 download speeds :mad:

Clearly if you're getting < 0.1 Mbps you have crappy coverage. I regularly get 1.5+, which as I said is nowhere near top but sufficient for me. Incidentally they're rolling out LTE over here and I've been getting 10Mbps+ when I connect to those.

But you haven't discovered anything new. It is well known Sprint has crappy speeds.

iALLOUT4eva

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
PlayDay Land
Heres mine.
Good thing I have wifi!!!
Also its crazy that I can go a mile down the road and get at least 2 Mbps. #

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 331

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Heres mine.
Good thing I have wifi!!!
Also its crazy that I can go a mile down the road and get at least 2 Mbps. #

Sorry to hear that but good to know I'm not the only one suffering from sprint terrible network! if they don't improve the network soon I'm leaving. I only use my phone when I'm on wifi.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
How much unlimited data can you freaking download with 0.04 speed.

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
250s2t5.jpg

I average around 1Mbps and 1Mbps upload depending on the area (I've deleted a lot of results), I am content with that as everything loads pretty damn fast on the iPhone 5 even Pandora and loading websites. Can't wait for LTE. :D And for reference when I had my iPhone 4 on Red Pocket or even AT&T at the time I was getting 6Mbps down and 2Mbps up and the iPhone 5 on sprint with 1Mbps still feels A LOT faster.

Last edited:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
That's horrible! I'm on at&t in a 4G (HSPA+) area that has yet to get LTE and my speeds are consistently 3-4Mbps and everything is responsive. So much so, I don't mind not having LTE here. I just don't know what good it would do ... not that I would mind being on it. Lol.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It's funny sprint customers are happy barely getting 1mbps while AT&T users get 7-8mbps on hspa+ and over 30-40mbps on LTE:D
And verizon customers with crazy fast LTE speeds in most places:)
But, their sprint 1mb feels a lot faster than everything else out there:D

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
It's is why nobody should hop on to a CDMA provider. They all suck!!! Ev-Do NEEDS to be phased out and why Apple ever released a CDMA/Ev-Do iphone I'll never understand.

On my iPhone 4S I can easily pull 9 Mbps down. Hahahahahahahaha

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
aren't verizon fast?

Their 3G is a little better but still very limited to the 3.2mbps theoretical download speed.

Where Verizon doesn't have LTE you only can use 3G. I'd rather be on AT&T and have HSPA+ or even HSDPA or UMTS. Not to mention AT&T get full support of world phones, like the international Galaxy S3 and Note 2.

Look what Verizon did to their Note 2.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
That's unacceptable and I'd switch carriers if I wasn't in their LTE area. That being said, if one is in an LTE area, true unlimited is an awfully good deal.

SONiC5

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
U.S.
Network Vision is being rolled out here, but it hasn't hit my area of NYC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 187

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Remember that HSPA isn't a silver bullet; it still depends on the number of users, total spectrum, etc. I'm on HSPA here and my speeds are similar to those of Sprint EV-DO. Sometimes I get 2-3 Mb/s but often it's in the hundreds (or tens) of kilobits.

A few years ago when the HSPA network was new and most people were still on 1x or EV-DO it was fantastic. Now that the CDMA network's gone... not so much.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Their 3G is a little better but still very limited to the 3.2mbps theoretical download speed.

Where Verizon doesn't have LTE you only can use 3G. I'd rather be on AT&T and have HSPA+ or even HSDPA or UMTS. Not to mention AT&T get full support of world phones, like the international Galaxy S3 and Note 2.

Look what Verizon did to their Note 2.

I have a friend who lives in Dallas that have sprint LTE. He says it's still slow. Average about 1-3mbps. I'll be so happy with 3.2mpbs haha.

This is what I don't understand, why did they even have CDMA from the start? GSM sounds like a better investment, you can surf the web and talk at the same time, just replace the sim card and start using sounds like heaven cause you can easily switch between phones.

I would love to be with AT&T but they rob my wallet.

Technology is so weird. I have the most advance phone in the world but I feel like the network is behind 20yrs in technology. Sometimes even my text messages fail on delivery.....

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
This is what I don't understand, why did they even have CDMA from the start? GSM sounds like a better investment, you can surf the web and talk at the same time, just replace the sim card and start using sounds like heaven cause you can easily switch between phones.

CDMA looked like a better technology at the time. It offered better voice quality than GSM, phones could do "soft handover" to another tower while on a call (instead of dropping the call), and the data rate provided by 1xRTT was better than that offered by GPRS. GSM does not support simultaneous voice and data; that requires WCDMA/UMTS. There's also nothing preventing a CDMA subscriber card; I believe that some of the operators in Japan use them.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.