Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors

Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:07 AM   #1
Arcady
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Arcady
Apple II Mouse Question - //e or //c?

I have acquired an old Apple Mouse II. This is the model that is all one color (platinum) and has a button that is the same height as the rest of the case.

It is model M0100, but it is not a Macintosh mouse. Apple (in their never-ending wisdom) had at least five versions of the M0100 mouse.

So anyway, I know this is either a Mouse II or a Mouse II (//c compatible) but I don't have a //c to try it on. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell from the serial number which model it is?

Here is a picture of it:
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:49 AM   #2
MacTech68
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
I have acquired an old Apple Mouse II. This is the model that is all one color (platinum) and has a button that is the same height as the rest of the case.

It is model M0100, but it is not a Macintosh mouse. Apple (in their never-ending wisdom) had at least five versions of the M0100 mouse.

So anyway, I know this is either a Mouse II or a Mouse II (//c compatible) but I don't have a //c to try it on. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell from the serial number which model it is?
An M0100 with that case design and slightly elongated DB9 plug is the original IIc mouse. It has the additional electronics to tell a IIc that it's a mouse and not game paddles. It will work on both early Macintosh machines AND the IIc.

Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Arcady
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Arcady
Thanks! I thought it was probably a //c compatible mouse, but I wanted someone to back me up.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 01:17 AM   #4
Lil Chillbil
macrumors 65816

Never seen one of those mice before

just gonna make a mental note of this

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors