Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Hello guys:
I'm the proud owner of an iPad 4 16GB WiFi. I was tempted to buy the 3G version, throw my T-Mobile Wal-Mart sim in it, use it as a phone and call it a day. However, my campus has easily accessible super fast WiFi and I could just tether a cheap Android phone to it so I decided to save money on the iPad itself. Especially considering I already have the Android phone.

My question is, how can I fully integrate my iPad to the cloud? What I've done so far:
Sugarsync Free account: 5GB. I'm going to use this for movies/videos. I'll randomly swap in DVD rips and low size HD movies to a Sugarsync folder to stream whenever I need a movie to watch.

Dropbox account: 52GB (Due to Galaxy S3, referrals, etc). I'm going to use this massive cloud storage for my ebooks, documents, annotated documents, class downloads and music I'm not listening to. I'll also use it for pictures.

Google Drive/Music: You can upload up to 20,000 songs so I'm going to upload all my music to it and stream music when I need study tunes or I'm having a kickback.

What else can I do, to ensure I keep space on the iPad? I want to have enough space on it to keep some fun games, my productivity apps and my social network utilities.

I figure, movies, music and pictures are the biggest space drainers on an iPad and I want to avoid that using the cloud as much as humanly possible. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.