Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:09 PM   #1
JCA90
macrumors newbie

Flash CS5 Exporting swf to mov

Hey everyone, I'm trying to export a swf file into mov, but each time I do it, and play the mov, at certain parts of the animation, a block, or piece seems to break off, and leave a stain, I guess you can call it. And when I go back to review it in Flash, i check for breaking parts just in case, but nothing, it plays fine. So I'm wondering if something is being corrupted in the export, but don't know what. Has anyone encountered this problem? Aslo, the reason I need it to be an mov, is so I can put it into a Keynote presentation. Thanks for any help.
JCA90 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Pedipod
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCA90 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm trying to export a swf file into mov, but each time I do it, and play the mov, at certain parts of the animation, a block, or piece seems to break off, and leave a stain, I guess you can call it. And when I go back to review it in Flash, i check for breaking parts just in case, but nothing, it plays fine. So I'm wondering if something is being corrupted in the export, but don't know what. Has anyone encountered this problem? Aslo, the reason I need it to be an mov, is so I can put it into a Keynote presentation. Thanks for any help.
I'm also having a problem except I can't export into mov at all. The "Recording Flash Content" progress bar finishes in a few seconds and then it hangs, showing the "Stop" button but recording nothing. The Test Movie works fine and it exports to swf with no problem.
Pedipod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:04 PM   #3
maudssie
macrumors newbie

I hope, SWF to MOV converter for mac will help you.
Very usefull tool.

Last edited by maudssie; Jan 18, 2012 at 04:03 AM.
maudssie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:55 AM   #4
lauralop
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCA90 View Post
Hello JCA90,

I have the same problem and I was wondering how did you solve it in the end?

Thanks,

Lauralop
lauralop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 05:35 PM   #5
spellingmistake
macrumors newbie

I'm also having this problem & I don't want to have to pay extra for those swf to mov conversion programs.

I have a feeling that the effect is different on each export so I'm considering doing a few exports and then editing them together in premiere, a poor solution but it might work.

Does anyone even know what this problem is called? It's hard to search for solutions since I can't sum up exactly what is happening.

Any help on this much appreciated. I've attached a picture of the type of stuttered effect I'm getting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 20.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	319089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 19.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	319090  
spellingmistake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:22 AM   #6
angelicali
Banned

I'm also having this problem, is there any way I can convert some flash files so that I can be able to import them in itunes on my new ipad and watch as videos?
angelicali is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:52 PM   #7
Jessyel
macrumors newbie

If I have an SWF movie file (one that plays in Quicktime with the Perian plugin) I use MPEG StreamClip to convert it to what ever I need.
Jessyel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:53 PM   #8
blackboxideas
macrumors newbie

I've had this a few times in the past - there are a few things you can try directly in CS though to hopefully improve the animation output:
  • I usually get a better result if I choose to stop exporting after an elapsed time (yep, this means working out how long the movie plays for).
  • In the Quicktime export settings -> Quicktime settings -> Video Settings - you'll get better frame matching if the frame rate is the same or divisible by the frame rate of your movie.
  • Video settings again - the Animation preset is pretty good, but you could try a different compressor, like .H264 and experiment a little with the bitrate to get a good quality output.
  • I usually test a few outputs on a few seconds of the animation so I don't have to wait too long if I'm playing with bit rates - if the 'ghosting' is happening at a mid point of your animation - it might just be worth exporting to just after that point for testing purposes.

Hope this is of some help if you haven't already explored those options! Whenever it's happened to me, either frame rates or compression settings solved my woes!

edit: Also - just remembering you have Premiere, you could import the SWF into that along with the audio track and export the Quicktime/Mov through this.

Last edited by blackboxideas; Oct 17, 2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Additional comment
blackboxideas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:49 AM   #9
Fordlin
macrumors newbie

Mpeg streamclip is also for OS X and windows.
Also free, unlike the sketchy software shilled by the spammers who haunt these type of threads.
Fordlin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:06 AM   #10
Theresanisa
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlin View Post
Mpeg streamclip is also for OS X and windows.
Also free, unlike the sketchy software shilled by the spammers who haunt these type of threads.
I agree with you, mpegStreamclip is free. And If you are running Lion:
According to Apple the component capability is built into Lion.
Here's what the Squared 5 site says:

The installer of the MPEG-2 Playback Component may refuse to install the component in Lion. Apple states the component is unnecessary in Lion, however MPEG Streamclip still needs it.

To install the component in Lion, please download MPEG Streamclip 1.9.3b7 beta above; inside the disk image you will find the Utility MPEG2 Component Lion: use it to install the MPEG-2 Playback Component in Lion. The original installer's disk image (QuickTimeMPEG2.dmg) is required.

The current versions of MPEG Streamclip cannot take advantage of the built-in MPEG-2 functionality of Lion. For MPEG-2 files you still need to install the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component, which is not preinstalled in Lion. You don't have to install QuickTime 7.
Theresanisa is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store