Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:12 PM   #26
superstarmc
macrumors regular

Better multitasking feature. I always thought the scrolling dock was strange.
superstarmc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:29 AM   #27
irDigital0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamLand View Post
I bought Nexus 7 when Google released it. I bought it because the hype that bloggers created about the device and OS. I was disappointed after using it for 2 months. Simple tasks like browsing the net with default browser (Chrome) were terrible compared to what I have used to in iOS. Android 4.1 isn't buttery IMHO.
Ok, fair enough.

At least you tried it and it wasn't good for you.

That's understandable.
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:14 AM   #28
sohaloh
macrumors regular

Why does everyone hate news stand so much?
sohaloh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:20 AM   #29
Chhayk
macrumors newbie

Need profiles like the old nokias. At least 3.

Loud with vibration
Vibration only
Silent
Chhayk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:23 AM   #30
Ann P
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohaloh View Post
Why does everyone hate news stand so much?
I'm guessing for those who do not use it, there's way to hide the darn thing.
Ann P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 09:36 AM   #31
Rogifan
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann P View Post
I'm guessing for those who do not use it, there's way to hide the darn thing.
Is it really in the way that much?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 09:43 AM   #32
Tunnelrunner
macrumors regular

Though we probably won't see any of this by iOS 7, I still want to salute the OP for an excellent letter - as a Jelly Bean and iOS 6 user, I'd love to see this on an iPhone.

Last edited by Tunnelrunner; Jan 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM.
Tunnelrunner is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:02 AM   #33
Paulywauly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhayk View Post
Need profiles like the old nokias. At least 3.

Loud with vibration
Vibration only
Silent
Finally someone who agrees with me! i even emailed Apple about this years ago to suggest it.

If you could schedule profiles and use geo-fencing in the same way as reminders use it that would be a fantastic feature.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:22 AM   #34
JohnLT13
macrumors 6502a

If they can get anywhere close to this i will be very very happy. Is it possible?
In the words of Steve himself "think different"

JohnLT13 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:28 AM   #35
SocalMark
macrumors member

Wow JohnLT13 that is Crazy Cool.
SocalMark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 11:01 PM   #36
Apple blogger
macrumors 6502

Nice letter
Even I want a few features like these.. But what I don't want is the widgets in the lockscreen ..
I've seen android phones and I feel that their opening screen is a total waste it's full of widgets and their most used apps .. Even though they have the option to remove the screen I feel it's completely useless.

Our lock screen should have widgets but it should be in such a way that it doesn't ruin the look of it.. For eg. The time widget in the lock screen should have the ability to be swiped so that one gets a widget of their choice .. In that way the person will have the widget and the look would also be not ruined ...

In iOS 7 I want these as my primary feature .. Apple shows 10 stand out features .. I want all these features to be in 1 stand out feature and the rest 9 should be other great ones which are innovative ...
Apple blogger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 04:38 AM   #37
opinio
macrumors 65816

They should name an App after the OP just to let him know they listened.

Do they really ever care?
opinio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 08:49 AM   #38
otismotive77
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by El3ctronics View Post
Good letter and good start. But iOS 7 needs a bunch more features to once again be a state of the art mobile OS.
yep, nice letter but there are many more things that apple needs to add in iOS to make it the best OS.
otismotive77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 11:48 AM   #39
Purant
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Is it really in the way that much?
Yes it is, you can't even put it in a folder ffs.
Purant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 06:06 PM   #40
sexiewasd
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamLand View Post
I bought Nexus 7 when Google released it. I bought it because the hype that bloggers created about the device and OS. I was disappointed after using it for 2 months. Simple tasks like browsing the net with default browser (Chrome) were terrible compared to what I have used to in iOS. Android 4.1 isn't buttery IMHO.
I had the same experience with the Nexus 7. It's good hardware, but the software was at most acceptable. I might have kept my Nexus 7 if i didn't have an iPod and Macbook air, that are both far more pleasant experiences, despite their flaws.
sexiewasd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 06:11 PM   #41
MattInOz
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulywauly View Post
Finally someone who agrees with me! i even emailed Apple about this years ago to suggest it.

If you could schedule profiles and use geo-fencing in the same way as reminders use it that would be a fantastic feature.
Add bluetooth wifi on and off to the profile and most of the need to manage settings would go away. Cell triangulation should be good enough for this sort of geo-fencing to avoid the battery draining gps.
Old May 20, 2013, 11:35 PM   #42
tekboi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrares1996 View Post
You guys are a bit naive,don't you think Apple wants these features but they can't add them because they can't make A BETTER BATTERY,that's the problem for all these missed features.Sure Android has all above but you saw how it laggs and how slow it is.
The Samsung S4 has all of the mentioned features and it doesn't lag or have horrible battery life.

No more excuses Apple... give us something worth talking about or we're going to start leaving in drives.
tekboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 01:00 PM   #43
DaffyDuck
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb098 View Post
Totally agree with all of this.

Most of it doesn't have to wait till iOS 7, but of course Apple will push them as NEW, AWESOME, AMAZING, BEST THING WE'VE DONE features. The ability to pick default apps needs to happen though. These apps were really good before the app store and even the infancy of the app store, but we have reached a point where a lot of apps are now better than the default apps. I personally would love to switich my default photo app to Camera+. We all love the apps on the app store and just want the ability to pick the apps we want. And PLEASE let us dump the useless apps we never use like voice memos. Who the hell uses voice memos? I would guess less than 1% of all iPhone users.
And if you want voice memos something like Evernote and similar apps, I am sure, are far superior.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purant View Post
Yes it is, you can't even put it in a folder ffs.
Because it is a folder so with the way folders animate it doesn't make sense to put a folder in a folder. It should just hide itself when empty.
DaffyDuck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 01:09 PM   #44
pcmxa
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckinfutz View Post
1. Just allow me to hide default apps that I do not wish to use. I don't really care about having to delete them but if I choose not to use them make it a preference setting to hide them.

2. Widgets and Toggles aren't going to happen. Apple doesn't want you to micro-manage your phone. Only Android users are in constant need of shutting down features on their phone in order to make their phone last longer. While it was great to brag about having LTE when the iPhone 4S came out the fact was the 4S lasted longer than most of the LTE phones in battery life. A dead phone is a paper weight.

3. The problem here is clutter. How many people really need to constantly see weather or some other small bit of data. I think a lot of people are succumbing to information overload.

4. Quick reply is a no-brainer. I use shortcuts and in conjunction with quick reply would speed my ability to communicate.

5. I don't think Apple should allow for default apps for anything that already comes with the system. Thus Safari, Mail, Maps and more would have to be the standard default. This is key because Apple can provide a consistent experience across these vital apps.

Other apps like Twitter and other apps it would be nice to be able to set defaults.
All of which is fine. But I felt I needed those features. I wanted them without jail breaking, so I left for android.
Old May 26, 2013, 06:09 AM   #45
beaniemyman
Banned

wow, these improvements would make a whole lot of difference for me.
Good job
beaniemyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7