Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pincher99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Hi,

First post here but hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me ;)

I have all my (and the kids) DVD's ripped to iTunes and I have used Subler to get the relevant metadata and add UK Ratings (i.e. U, PG, 12, 15 & 18) - I can see the Ratings in iTunes against each movie, so I'm pretty sure this process has been successful.

Each kid has an ATV3 in their bedroom and I want to restrict one of them to show up to a 12 rating and the other up to a 15 rating, so I turned on Parental Control on each ATV and set the Restrict Movies section to 12 & 15.

However, when I go into the ATV Library, I can only play either a U or a PG film without having to enter the Parental Control code - I have even tried leaving Parental Control on and setting the 'Restrict To' value to No but any 12, 15 or 18 film needs the code in order to view.

I'm obviously doing something fundamental wrong but can't quite work out what that 'something' is :rolleyes:

I did try a Restore on one ATV but the same thing still happens.

Does any kind soul out there have any idea why this might be?

institute

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
This has happened to me since the 5.1.1 update. I think it's a bug. My solution was to turn off parental control completely.

pincher99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
I think you might be right - I am finding the same issue on my ATV2 running 5.1.1 as well.

Need to try and downgrade - once I have found a micro USB cable that will work and get iTunes to recognise the ATV :rolleyes::D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.