Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games

Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:15 PM   #1
PhazonUK
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to PhazonUK Send a message via Skype™ to PhazonUK
Can anyone help me out with the Elgato Game Capture HD?

Me and my friend have both just bought an Elgato Game Capture HD. We both have the most recent MacBook Air. His software and device capture with no issues. Mine outputs video to the software and the TV but no output file is created once I stop recording.

Has anyone else had this issue at all? It's driving me mad.

I've tried reinstalling the software, restarting my MBA. I can't think what the problem could possibly be.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:46 PM   #2
ugp
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ugp Send a message via Yahoo to ugp Send a message via Skype™ to ugp
I have found with mine it will only record when I have Flashback enabled. If this is disabled and I record the video doesn't actually record.

I also have an issue with the device not mounting correcting on the USB Port as a 2.0 Device. I have to use mine through a USB Hub to get it to work 100% of the time.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 01:03 PM   #3
PhazonUK
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to PhazonUK Send a message via Skype™ to PhazonUK
Thanks for the reply.

I managed to figure out the same thing not long before you replied. Gonna file a bug report to Elgato for it as my friend has the exact same problem.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games