Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twdi

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2012
I consider to buy a iPad retina with 16 Gb.
Is this amount of memory a problem and should I buy the 32 version?

When would I need more then 16 Gb memory in the iPad?

chibiterasu

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
London, The United Kingdom
I consider to buy a iPad retina with 16 Gb.
Is this amount of memory a problem and should I buy the 32 version?

When would I need more then 16 Gb memory in the iPad?

It depends on how much music, movies, books and apps you want on your iPad and when some games are 1gb alone the space soon goes. Also bear in mind that the 16gb is really 14gb and the 32 is 28gb. I went for the 32gb its worth it in my opinion.

Paulywauly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
Durham, UK
It depends on how much music, movies, books and apps you want on your iPad and when some games are 1gb alone the space soon goes. Also bear in mind that the 16gb is really 14gb and the 32 is 28gb. I went for the 32gb its worth it in my opinion.

+1. Luckily you can unsync and resync alot of things to free up space, but it can be a real pain in the rear to keep doing manually. It can be easy to underestimate/overestimate how much space some things need. The 32GB seems like the sweet spot for most folk.

You really need to figure out roughly what you intend on doing with your ipad and other possible eventualities then pick the storage you need.

Signor S.

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2011
Rule of Thumb: If you can afford it, go for it. 32GB is the sweet spot for me and houses all my media needs that I will ever want and I am extremely happy with my purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.