Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
We are planning to make this more affordable for people in America & EU. stay tuned! ;)

meantime, we still ship internationally if you can't wait to get it. :)

Is there any update ? The website still shows singapore or international among the shipping options.
Do you have an update on when it will be available stateside ?
An approximate price range will help, or else it might turn up to be a wasteful wait:rolleyes:

Blarg11

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
gahh i want this so badly. I've spent ages looking for a good case but none of them really caught my eye.

I want good coverage but then its usually too thick. And then if it's a thin case they skimp out on side coverage.

This one looks friggin awesome. Though i do hope the price goes down sometime.

Enforce

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2012
South East Asia
Is there any update ? The website still shows singapore or international among the shipping options.
Do you have an update on when it will be available stateside ?
An approximate price range will help, or else it might turn up to be a wasteful wait:rolleyes:

Hi all! sorry for the wait.

Here GOES! FLAT PRICING (USD). FREE SHIPPING.

Nothing too drastic, however we hope you guys will enjoy it still. ;)

duhyes

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
i got mine today (black). It's beautiful and extremely well made, the blue color matches the anodizing of the black iPhone 5 perfectly -- impressive. It's also wide enough (while still being slim) that if you put it face down or back down it will be raised enough off the surface to prevent any scratching.

Fitment is great..however there are a few things I do not like. One, it makes the phone feel wide... like considerably wider than my iPhone 5 with the Power Support Air Jacket on it. Two, I have some slight scuffs on the anodizing from the factory... the bumper in no way covers that up, so I can see the silver specs pretty easily. Lastly, the power button has pretty much zero tactile feedback, it works just fine, but gives no feeling that you are actually clicking it.

If you like bumper cases, i'd have to say this is the best you will ever find. If you are used to a slim case, like the Air Jacket, you will not like it. I took it off already and went back to my black Air Jacket...

Oh well, I had high hopes.

how did u get it? u live in japan?

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
~$60USD for a plastic band & some screen protectors? Damn, being a long-time Apple consumer & getting hosed on accessories is still a bitter pill to swallow.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
~$60USD for a plastic band & some screen protectors? Damn, being a long-time Apple consumer & getting hosed on accessories is still a bitter pill to swallow.

Yeah, even the soon-to-be-released Graft Leverage bumper is cheaper at 49 bucks. The redesign of the Leverage is nice, especially the updated metal buttons. From the preview pics, the Leverage still looks as thick as the 4/s version.

Anyways, I was very excited about the PS bumper but after reading some reviews that excitement has been tempered a bit. It seems to be as thick as the Neo Hybrid EX and the tactile feedback of the power button (without a sticker) seems to be not very good. If this bumper was in the price range of the Neo, I would go for it but since I already have a Neo and a couple of Caze ThinEdges, I'll pass on the PS for now.

michaelfields

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Yeah this looks awesome but anything over 30 for a bumper is too much.

This is like 1/3 of a case for double the price.

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Thickness of the phone with bumper

Hello..
Well, for those who already own this bumper, can you please provide your opinions on these points -
1. The thickness of the phone with bumper. How much does it add. Does it really make it look like a 4S when kept side by side ?

2. How easy is it to put this thing on ? Is it like a slip-on or does need a lot of pressing etc. (I need to switch my sims more then often and hence asking).

thanks for your responses in advance.

----------

Hi all! sorry for the wait.

Here GOES! FLAT PRICING (USD). FREE SHIPPING.

Nothing too drastic, however we hope you guys will enjoy it still. ;)

Hi Enforce - whats the shipping time ? Is it like less than a week or say half a month wait.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Enforce made it seem like he was offering the bumper for US residents for a deal. Lol at his price. Anyways, I hope someone in China can make a knockoff of this bumper and sell it at the price it's intended to be sold at.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Last edited:

Enforce

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2012
South East Asia
Hello..

Hi Enforce - whats the shipping time ? Is it like less than a week or say half a month wait.

International shipping should take about 10 working days to reach the US. tracking provided :)

----------

Enforce made it seem like he was offering the bumper for US residents for a deal. Lol at his price. Anyways, I hope someone in China can make a knockoff of this bumper and sell it at the price it's intended to be sold at.

:cool::cool::cool:

----------

Finally recieved my Flat Bumper and i don't like it.

It looks great, i get good feedback from all the buttons unlike someone else on here has reported but i just dont like the feel of it in my hand. Feels too slippery and uncomfortable just like the Spigen NeoHybrid Ex, i've had a much better experience with the Air Jacket.

To eBay (UK only) it goes :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-Sup..._MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2ec529fada

That's unfortunate. So are you going to continue using your Air jacket or planning on a new case?

----------

how did they get the bumper? i thought its only in japan

sharing is caring for the community :) we are just trying to offer a small convenience for a hard to get item in the States :)

MyLS460

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
DFW, Texas
iPhone 5 - Power Support Flat/Slim Bumper and ********** Edge Wrap

Hello all!

I am new to MacRumors forum - I appreciate all threads relevant to Apple!

Questions for you with the Power Support products for the iPhone 5:

1) Power Suppor (PS) Flat Bumper:
- For those of you who have used the PS Flat Bumper with the $tikckerboy's Side Wrap Skin (edge wrap) - how does it fit?
2) Power Support Air Jacket:
- How robust is the design and what do you like about it?
- Is it easily detachable from the iPhone 5 itself?

Thank you for your help!

PS.
- For some reason MacRumors does not allow me to spell out vendors' names - replace "$" with "S" for $tickerboy
- I've had a few exchanges with Chuwa (based in Japan) - he seems to be a very responsive person and a helpful source. I plan to buy from him.
- Power Support USA and Power Support Japan appear to be having some legal issues and that Power Support USA will soon not be offering Power Support products; i.e., the reason they (USA) does not have any plan to offer the Japan produced cases and bumpers.

Last edited:

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Finally recieved my Flat Bumper and i don't like it.

It looks great, i get good feedback from all the buttons unlike someone else on here has reported but i just dont like the feel of it in my hand. Feels too slippery and uncomfortable just like the Spigen NeoHybrid Ex, i've had a much better experience with the Air Jacket.

To eBay (UK only) it goes :(

How's the width? Slim or does it make the phone noticeably wider.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
It does,not by much but enough for it to be uncomfortable. The Air Jacket is so much better in my opinion.

Yeah but for some odd reason the iPhone 5 form factor is just so much nicer with a bumper style case even if the case is a slim one with a back cover.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Yeah but for some odd reason the iPhone 5 form factor is just so much nicer with a bumper style case even if the case is a slim one with a back cover.

It does look good when on but the black air jacket on a black iphone 5 looks just as good but feels much better.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
So I just got my Power Support Bumper, and I love it. I should waited a few more days and picked up the metallic colors.

Bought it from this seller
http://chuwajapanimports.wazala.com/

I got $15 off from the code my buddy sent me. "THATTECHSHOW" (it's case sensitive) He says it'll last forever but I'm not sure on that. Might as well give it a try.. You can't combine the previous coupon that's in here with this.. I've already tried it lol

[EDIT]

Here's some pics if any of you are interested. I love the quality and feel of the bumper.

344cqc3.jpg

f41c1f.jpg

6ypo1x.jpg

dvhtlx.jpg

wgvp7s.jpg

Last edited:

blank101

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
I caved. Hands down I think this is the best iPhone bumper I've seen.

So I bought one from Enforce's store. The other store charged $30 shipping and total came to $61 vs $59.

Hoping not to get charged shipping tax tho. Will post picks when I get it :)

MyLS460

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
DFW, Texas
Power Support Bumper with Edge Wrap

So I just got my Power Support Bumper, and I love it. I should waited a few more days and picked up the metallic colors.

Bought it from this seller
http://chuwajapanimports.wazala.com/

I got $15 off from the code my buddy sent me. "THATTECHSHOW" (it's case sensitive) He says it'll last forever but I'm not sure on that. Might as well give it a try.. You can't combine the previous coupon that's in here with this.. I've already tried it lol

[EDIT]

Here's some pics if any of you are interested. I love the quality and feel of the bumper.

Do you use the PS Flat Bumper with any edge wraps to protect the surface of metalic edges? If yes, how does it fit? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.