Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Anyone know of a way to restart a restore from iCloud after you have already performed the PC-less setup?

It seems like you are forced to restore your phone. But if you backup to iTunes you can just right click on your phone and choose Restore from backup quite easily.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Anyone know of a way to restart a restore from iCloud after you have already performed the PC-less setup?

It seems like you are forced to restore your phone. But if you backup to iTunes you can just right click on your phone and choose Restore from backup quite easily.

If you go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings, it will wipe your phone and bring you back to the setup screen you'd see if you had just opened the box.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
If you go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings, it will wipe your phone and bring you back to the setup screen you'd see if you had just opened the box.

oh good i never thought of doing that

Lois Lane

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013

Cheers HazyCloud!! This resolved my problem perfectly!! :cool:

AirborneMeg

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2013
I needed to bypass iCloud restoration during initial setup of my replacement iPhone5 as a software update was necessary for compatibility. Can you tell me how I may now restore my settings to the last iCloud backup from my previous i5?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.