Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojo1

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2011
Update...

I received my Mercury Elite Pro enclosures yesterday. OWC gave me full credit when I returned the MiniStack after a month; I had expected to be charged a 15% restocking fee. But because the MiniStack could not be "stacked" or even placed close to the Mini without causing WiFi interference OWC gave me a full refund. (Great OWC customer service which is one reason why I don't mind paying a small premium for their enclosures...)

I have the new enclosures connected via the longer USB 3.0 cables that were included in the kit. They are within a couple of inches of the Mini. As of this writing my WiFi performance is not adversely affected. It looks like I won't have to buy USB 3.0 cables with better shielding. An added bonus: the new enclosures are virtually silent compared to the MiniStack. Its fan would rev-up on a regular basis and it was very noisy since my drives are within three feet of my chair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.