Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jan 6, 2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Wheelie4
macrumors regular

Wired keyboard without numeric keypad?

I just upgraded to an iMac from a MacBook Pro. Since I'm paralyzed from the neck down I'm unable to turn the wireless keyboard on and off or replace batteries when they get to week or die by myself. So I ordered the wired keyboard with numeric keypad with iMac. Now I'm in a little jam. I'm pretty much stuck in bed majority of the time so I have the computer as well as other things on one of those small hospital tables that slides over my bed. I would like to find a wired keyboard without the numeric keypad to save space because this full size keyboard is just a little too wide for my available space. If anyone has any ideas about a compact wired keyboard I would really appreciate any input. Thanks for anything you could advise. :-)
Old Jan 6, 2013, 02:42 PM   #2
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Hey there I searched on Amazon and found a couple for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MB869LL-...without+numpad

http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Super-Ke...ref=pd_sim_e_2
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 02:42 PM   #3
simsaladimbamba

There was a wired keyboard with no numpad, that Apple offered for a while. Nowadays it seems, it is a bit expensive on Amazon, though it can be had for less on eBay.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 02:43 PM   #4
grapes911
Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

Something like this? They are called mini keyboards. Search for "Wired Mini Keyboard" and you should find many choices.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 03:14 PM   #5
Wheelie4
macrumors regular

Thanks guys! I wonder how those Windows keys would map for Mac. I think I may go with the discontinued compact Apple keyboard just to be on the safe side. I'll spend some time looking around though. I really appreciate the input guys. I'm going to look around for a few days before I make a final decision. :-)
Old Jan 6, 2013, 06:53 PM   #6
Wheelie4
macrumors regular

What do you think about this one guys?
Matias One Keyboard

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals