Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:01 PM   #351
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrown View Post
Is unlock_fusion pretty quick? I have a friend who is coming over this evening for me to help her unlock her phone (she apparently doesn't trust herself to go to eBay, buy an unlock, and sync her iPhone... go figure) and I'd rather not have her have to come back.
normally it's fast but it is a holiday period so that might cause extra time. As soon as the unlock is done they notify via email they say up to 24 hours.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 08:29 PM   #352
johnpopes
macrumors newbie

Hello, any sugestions on imei unlock an iphone 4 locked to three uk network?

Yup i am one of those heartbroken guys that bought on ebay.. original seller won't call three to unlock..
johnpopes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 01:34 PM   #353
Eimantas24
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up

Hi, I have used this site www.iphonefactoryunlockers.com to factory unlock my O2 UK iPhone 4S the service was delivered as described and the price is pretty good! I still use the same iPhone, no problems at all. I see that they have Three UK in their list as well.
Eimantas24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 02:03 PM   #354
johnpopes
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimantas24 View Post
Hi, I have used this site www.iphonefactoryunlockers.com to factory unlock my O2 UK iPhone 4S the service was delivered as described and the price is pretty good! I still use the same iPhone, no problems at all. I see that they have Three UK in their list as well.
I can't afford that..

Is this one legit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-UK...item416f41713e
Old Jan 7, 2013, 06:36 AM   #355
Eimantas24
macrumors newbie

Well, it is only 7 pounds difference, but I can assure you from my practice that the one I showed is legit. Your choice
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:05 AM   #356
johnpopes
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Well, it is only 7 pounds difference, but I can assure you from my practice that the one I showed is legit. Your choice
Yes you're right, I saw a higher price by mistake. But I don't think I can afford either of them lol.. just because on ebay I can try and get my money back if anything goes wrong
Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:01 PM   #357
Minhthien
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Your first post and you already advertise for this company... Do you work for them?

Edit: all your posts you advertise this unlock company. Is this a scam?

Last edited by Minhthien; Jan 7, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Minhthien is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:26 PM   #358
termu5h
macrumors newbie

Does anyone know a legit provider for unlocking an iPhone 4 purchased from Orange France? I've tried a bunch but proved to be fake.
termu5h is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:09 PM   #359
Eimantas24
macrumors newbie

Just spreading a good word, they helped me a lot, not a scam at all!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 06:06 AM   #360
johnpopes
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpopes View Post
Hello, any sugestions on imei unlock an iphone 4 locked to three uk network?

Yup i am one of those heartbroken guys that bought on ebay.. original seller won't call three to unlock..

Got a Three card shipped to Portugal, called customer support, got them to call the previous owner while I was on hold, refunded the previous owner for the £15 unlock fee.

This is going to be my new method for every lazy owner that won't budge.

Now just have to find a cheap but original camera replacement.. (anyone who knows, PM me)
Old Jan 9, 2013, 05:53 PM   #361
mac.junkie
macrumors member

I want to chime in that I just used unlock_fusion and the entire process was smooth sailing. I ordered a $2.00 AT&T unlock (the slower one) late last night and had a confirmation email waiting in my inbox this morning saying the unlock was compete. I just did a restore in iTunes and got the "Congratulations, your iPhone is now unlocked" message. For $2.00, this was waaaay easier than dealing with AT&T, who wouldn't unlock because the phone it still under contract.
mac.junkie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 06:11 PM   #362
cheezeit
macrumors 6502

Yup unlock_fusion is awesome! Sometimes the unlock is roughly 1.5 hours!
cheezeit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:35 PM   #363
Soloriginator
macrumors newbie

I just used fusion_unlocks to unlock my iPhone 4s. I used the $2 service as well, ordered yesterday morning and received my code/confirmation this morning. I needed to unlock my iPhone so I could quickly switch carriers (AT&T to Simple Mobile), as my friend had bad experiences trying to get the unlock through AT&T even though he cancelled and paid his ETF and everything.

I didn't cancel my AT&T plan (will do tomorrow or on the 12th) but is there a chance that AT&T can relock it at any point like when I switch out SIMs?
Soloriginator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:42 PM   #364
dhlizard
macrumors G3

I am not aware of a single IMEI unlocked iPhone being relocked.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:58 PM   #365
Soloriginator
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
I am not aware of a single IMEI unlocked iPhone being relocked.
Ah ok, thanks. I was reading at earlier posts and there were earlier complaints that unlock_fusion's customers got temporarily relocked, but apparently it was because of IMEI databases updating or something like that. I just hope that once I get my SIM card from Simple Mobile it reads.
Soloriginator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:15 PM   #366
RawrPeng
macrumors newbie

I have a question. For the unlock_fusion people, does it matter if you keep the AT&T sim card in when you do the restore? I don't have a non-AT&T sim card to test the unlock yet, so can you get the same result with iTunes even with an AT&T sim card in when you restore? (My iPhone is already activated, still under contract)
RawrPeng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:47 PM   #367
j.dstasio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawrPeng View Post
I have a question. For the unlock_fusion people, does it matter if you keep the AT&T sim card in when you do the restore? I don't have a non-AT&T sim card to test the unlock yet, so can you get the same result with iTunes even with an AT&T sim card in when you restore? (My iPhone is already activated, still under contract)
Yes. An AT&T SIM card will get

----------

Quote:
Yes. An AT&T SIM card will get you the same results.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:44 AM   #368
Eimantas24
macrumors newbie

I recommend iphonefactoryunlockers.com hassle free AT&T and other networks factory unlocking
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:54 AM   #369
CJM
macrumors 6502a

This entire thread is full of people trying to peddle their services. On a site like MR, I find it distasteful.
Why has no one come in here and gone to the root of the problem? We should be doing this ourselves, not paying someone else to do it.

Do IMEI unlocks require significant processing power? How can we obtain the software they use?

This should be free.
CJM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:34 AM   #370
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJM View Post
This entire thread is full of people trying to peddle their services. On a site like MR, I find it distasteful.
Why has no one come in here and gone to the root of the problem? We should be doing this ourselves, not paying someone else to do it.

Do IMEI unlocks require significant processing power? How can we obtain the software they use?

This should be free.
You obviously have no clue how IMEI unlocks are facilitated.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:04 AM   #371
TriJetHero
macrumors 601

^^^^^^^ +10

clueless….
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:29 AM   #372
RawrPeng
macrumors newbie

Hey again guys, so I just did the process via unlock_fusion, got my code in like 2 hours and did the process and got the unlock screen on iTunes!

I'm trusting unlock_fusion's IMEI checker & the fact that the process went through clean, but when I check my IMEI on sites like s-url or iphoneimei, they say my phone is still locked. Other sites like iPhonecheckz & unlock_fusion's own IMEI checker say mine is unlocked.

Is it just a matter of the sites not updating fast enough or are some sites more trustworthy than others with checking?
RawrPeng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:34 AM   #373
PsstGreek
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Hey again guys, so I just did the process via unlock_fusion, got my code in like 2 hours and did the process and got the unlock screen on iTunes!

I'm trusting unlock_fusion's IMEI checker & the fact that the process went through clean, but when I check my IMEI on sites like s-url or iphoneimei, they say my phone is still locked. Other sites like iPhonecheckz & unlock_fusion's own IMEI checker say mine is unlocked.

Is it just a matter of the sites not updating fast enough or are some sites more trustworthy than others with checking?
If Unlock_Fusion is saying your iPhone is unlocked and you got the message in iTunes then you have nothing to worry about.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:59 AM   #374
mac.junkie
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJM View Post
We should be doing this ourselves, not paying someone else to do it.

This should be free.
I'm actually happy to support unlock_fusion with the measly $2.00 fee to have my phone unlocked. He/she is providing excellent service that AT&T only does under certain stipulations (bullies, really). Yeah, I'd like to know how it's done, but I'd rather keep unlock_fusion and others who provide affordable, fast and easily-available service in business, essentially slapping the gigantic AT&T in the face.

Last edited by mac.junkie; Jan 12, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
mac.junkie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:13 PM   #375
corys00
macrumors member

I used this seller nieznajdzieszmniezyga had it in less than a day for $4.30
corys00 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks