Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
On my iphone it has black bars like in the carrier/wireless areas.
I was wondering how do you get the white one?

FO0KI.png

http://i.imgur.com/FO0KI.png

That picture has the white bars and the connection bars are blue and the E is blue how do you get the white bars instead of black?

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I think what you're asking is purely dependent on the current screen. Apple made it to where the status bar now tries to mimic the color of the current window you have open. Mine are white whenever I'm in the home screen, but in the settings screen like you, it looks like you're picture.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I think what you're asking is purely dependent on the current screen. Apple made it to where the status bar now tries to mimic the color of the current window you have open. Mine are white whenever I'm in the home screen, but in the settings screen like you, it looks like you're picture.

no im talking about the homescreen this picture was from reddit images so i just took it, mine are black when in homescren

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
no im talking about the homescreen this picture was from reddit images so i just took it, mine are black when in homescren

I'm not going to show my home screen right now but this picture while I'm in Safari is how my status bar looks on my home screen as well, but not while in settings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 141

clockworkorange

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
That's just how apple believes the status bar should be. Dark and out of the way when in certain apps and "white" and vivid when in others.

The only way you can get it to show black all the time is through jailbreaking and modding some files.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
The status bar in your picture was used up until iOS 5. Since iOS 6, the status bar is black and white.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.