Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iz1016

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Ive been doing a little looking for a drawing app and haven't had much luck. I'm not really looking for an artsy app though. I'm more focused on something that allow me to make precise shapes (like a click and drag to make a nice circle if you get what I mean). I more focused on drawing things like maps with a little bit of free line drawing. Oh and Dropbox compatibility would be a plus. Is there anything out there like this?

I've taken a look at some of the sketch apps for iPad and I haven't found anything that fits this description particularly.

Thanks

blackpawn

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
Seattle
Sketch Club might fit your needs. it has some basic shapes (circle, rectangle, and straight lines) and has a pen tool that lets you dial in a "simplify" setting which smooths out the line after you draw it. that's really handy for a crisp vector look. also a vector tool for smooth filled shapes. it doesn't have DropBox integration at the moment though.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
On the lookout myself. I plan on checking out some reviews on iDraw this weekend, it looks promising. iCloud sync is in, not sure about Dropbox.

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK
On the lookout myself. I plan on checking out some reviews on iDraw this weekend, it looks promising. iCloud sync is in, not sure about Dropbox.

I have just purchased iDraw on iPad about an hour ago, I can confirm that you can import from and export to Dropbox.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I have just purchased iDraw on iPad about an hour ago, I can confirm that you can import from and export to Dropbox.

Thanks for the feedback Darren. Meanwhile I purchased ProCreate instead.
Hope we'll borh enjoy our app :)

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
My mistake, let me rephrase: where can I find Paper's Dropbox support?

You have to hit the share button first, select 'Send to App', then select Dropbox.

Attachments

• IMG_0055.PNG
    IMG_0055.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 114

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
You have to hit the share button first, select 'Send to App', then select Dropbox.

This is what I tried already, but sometimes nothing happens, other times an error says the document format is wrong.
Anyway, I've got it to work now on yet another notebook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.