Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 6, 2013, 04:29 PM   #1
TheGreenBastard
macrumors regular

Switching Apple IDs while retaining extra iCloud storage

Wasnt sure if I should put this here or in iPhone section, but anyway here it is.

I bought 10 GB of storage on iCloud, and would obviously like to continue using it, however, I want to change my Apple ID from live.com to me.com.

Is there any way to retain my paid storage or will I have to contact Apple?
TheGreenBastard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 07:58 PM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

You can't change it to anything @me or @icloud. Apple doesn't allow it. But, even you were to change it to an @anyemail.com, you'd still retain your storage as you're just changing your email address.

Now if you dumped your @live ID and created a new one, you'd lose your storage as it's tied to the first ID you bought it with.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:55 AM   #3
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
Wasnt sure if I should put this here or in iPhone section, but anyway here it is.

I bought 10 GB of storage on iCloud, and would obviously like to continue using it, however, I want to change my Apple ID from live.com to me.com.

Is there any way to retain my paid storage or will I have to contact Apple?
No. You would have to switch Apple accounts entirely and, as a result, buy the upgraded storage on the @icloud.com account.
ugahairydawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services