Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jan 5, 2013, 04:26 PM   #26
jnpy!$4g3cwk
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post

Just because no one here has heard of Current, it doesn't make it any less valuable. It is available in something like 60 million homes. If you wanted to launch a cable channel, would you rather do it from scratch or buy one that is already in 60 million homes?
It sounds like Al Gore made out like a bandit and repatriated a lot of U.S. dollars. Didn't the U.K. used to knight random people who brought home a lot of Pounds? I guess Gore should get a medal of some kind for his contribution to improving the balance of trade.
jnpy!$4g3cwk is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:05 PM   #27
glocke12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
I'd like to look at this aspect of the issue.

Why are you expecting Al Gore to base business decisions on his political or moral beliefs? Aren't those decisions best made amorally, based on what is best business-wise? Are you holding Al Gore to a standard that you don't hold other businessmen? Can you point to other examples where you've disagreed with business decisions based on the political or moral beliefs of the principles involved?

I may be mistaken, but I suspect that you're holding Al Gore to a standard that you otherwise don't require or expect from others in business. Please correct me if I am wrong.
you dont think it is just a tad bit hypocritical for someone who has preached about the evils of oil, and tells everyone to pay their fair share to sell his business to an entity affiliated with oil money, and to also try to close the deal before tax hikes take place?

things are things that liberals on this forum have complained about the right doing.
glocke12 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:26 PM   #28
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
you dont think it is just a tad bit hypocritical for someone who has preached about the evils of oil ...
Again, I think you're being hyperbolic here. Al Gore popularized Climate Change as a man-made phenomenon. But I don't recall him describing oil as "evil". But you are welcome to provide a source for your assertion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
... and tells everyone to pay their fair share ...
How is he not paying his fair share? Like Romney said, he'd be a fool to pay a dime more than the laws required. I never faulted Romney for believing that. I only faulted Romney for faulting the 47% who did the same thing as he advocated.
citizenzen is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 08:30 PM   #29
thewitt
macrumors 68000

Al Gore.

Made a fortune promoting the pop science of global warming and selling carbon credits. He characterized the internal combustion engine as evil in his book.

There are a bunch if carefully researched, fully attributed Gorisms here for anyone who cares to read them http://freedomkeys.com/gore.htm
thewitt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 08:47 PM   #30
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
Al Gore.

Made a fortune promoting the pop science of global warming and selling carbon credits. He characterized the internal combustion engine as evil in his book.

There are a bunch if carefully researched, fully attributed Gorisms here for anyone who cares to read them http://freedomkeys.com/gore.htm
Thank you for providing the link.

But I did separate searches using the terms "oil" and "evil" and didn't come up with anything.

You guys need to actually come up with something to substantiate your claims.

Because right now proof is sorely lacking.
citizenzen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:51 PM   #31
whoknows87
macrumors 6502a

Hopefully more Americans will tune in and get a few Geography lessons , Aljazeera Coverage is well balanced in comparison to CNN.MSNBC which are primarily focused on domestic issues rarely do they mention Global events with the exceptions of CNN quick headlines and 2 minute snippets

BBC World + Aljazeera will educated a lot of folks in this country.......
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:31 PM   #32
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoknows87 View Post
Hopefully more Americans will tune in and get a few Geography lessons , Aljazeera Coverage is well balanced in comparison to CNN.MSNBC which are primarily focused on domestic issues rarely do they mention Global events with the exceptions of CNN quick headlines and 2 minute snippets

BBC World + Aljazeera will educated a lot of folks in this country.......
Agreed. BBC + NPR + Jaz + Reuters + one more outside source would give anyone in the US the most balanced perspective on any issues in the US and the world. Plus, barring the AP, you'll see how slanted the rest of the news channels in the 24-hour news cycle really are.

BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:09 AM   #33
Carlanga
macrumors 601

Not bad, I like Al Jazeera more than Fox (anything is better than this one), CNN and the other local news networks.

BBC is my favorite news network for now.

I do understand the irony behind Gore selling out to the arab oil, especially since he won a noble prize for global warming. Anyways, we all know politicians lie, he is just another one and if you didn't expect him to be one, then you live in lala land.

Funny that I saw this pic today on fb:
Thumb resize.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:45 AM   #34
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
I do understand the irony behind Gore selling out to the arab oil, especially since he won a noble prize for global warming. Anyways, we all know politicians lie, he is just another one and if you didn't expect him to be one, then you live in lala land.
What did Gore lie about?
citizenzen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues