Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SikhKaurLioness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
wudnt u like 2 no
Hi my safari wasnt working for the past couple of days it keeps saying can't connect to server, iv tried different opening websites but the same problem on all of them.
my firefox is working perfectly fine but i don't like it, i prefer safari and it has all my faves stored and synced with all my other computers.
I tried downloading safari again but instead of getting the lion version i accidentally got the mountain lion version (i have lion) and now it gives me the obvious error that i have the wrong safari for my OS.
I can't uninstall it because it tells me that the mac needs this app and i can't install the older version over this one.

any ideas to help me, im trying to run a business and the internet is a necesary tool for me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou and Kind Regards
Sikh Kaur Lioness

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi my safari wasnt working for the past couple of days it keeps saying can't connect to server, iv tried different opening websites but the same problem on all of them.
When you say it's not working, do you mean Safari won't launch? Or just that you can't access some websites? Or can you not access any website? What version of Mac OS X are you running? What version of Safari? A bit more information would be helpful in diagnosing your problem.

How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
my firefox is working perfectly fine but i don't like it, i prefer safari and it has all my faves stored and synced with all my other computers.
I tried downloading safari again but instead of getting the lion version i accidentally got the mountain lion version (i have lion) and now it gives me the obvious error that i have the wrong safari for my OS.
I can't uninstall it because it tells me that the mac needs this app and i can't install the older version over this one.

Hold command-r when you start to get to the recovery screen. Then click install OS and that will reinstall Lion and at the same time it will give you the correct version of Safari for Lion. If Safari still won't work after that post up what error message you get.

Unfortunately there is no way to reinstall just Safari. I have seen stand alone Safari downloads on non-Apple web sites, but I would be afraid to use these.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.