Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jan 4, 2013, 02:54 AM   #1
twisted-pixel
macrumors 6502

best MS Office App?

Hi,

been looking around for an app that I can use to edit/create MS Office files and would like to ask if anyone has any recommendations before I take the plunge and spend cash on something that turns out to be rubbish!!

I'd like to be able to sync with dropbox so I can share documents between devices but other than that I don't need any special functionality that I can think of

a couple of ones I've found

Quick office Pro (13.99)
Documents to Go (11.99)
Documents 2 Unlimited (2.99)
Smart Office 2 (6.99)
Office 2 HD (5.49)

thanks for your help

Last edited by twisted-pixel; Jan 4, 2013 at 03:00 AM.
twisted-pixel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:01 AM   #2
maflynn

What about iWork (pages/numbers)?
maflynn is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:07 AM   #3
Menel
macrumors 601

Pages/Numbers

Seems to work the easiest. Can open documents out of Dropbox into it, and send them right back after editing.

Of the third party ones, I would look hard at QuickOffice. Google bought them, and seems to be pushing it for better Google Drive integration. Even though Google Drive itself has document and spreadsheet editing already.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:15 AM   #4
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Polaris Office is doing a good job; it also run in limits with complex files in EXCEL or PPT but did well in our internal company comparison.

I hardly ever need to convert PPT into PDF for reading on iPad. Also sheets with many formular get done well.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:26 AM   #5
psychotropic
macrumors regular

I found cloudon to fit my needs and it is free!
psychotropic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:32 AM   #6
twisted-pixel
macrumors 6502

thanks all, I know 'best' is a subjective thing as we all have our favourites, but I have some ideas for things to look at. They are generally a lot of cash though and I don't want to regret spending the money and then having to spend more to get an alternative that actually works
Old Jan 4, 2013, 03:31 PM   #7
dancj
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pixel View Post
thanks all, I know 'best' is a subjective thing as we all have our favourites, but I have some ideas for things to look at. They are generally a lot of cash though and I don't want to regret spending the money and then having to spend more to get an alternative that actually works
Smart Office 2 probably isn't the best - but it does go free from time to time if you're patient enough.
dancj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 06:39 AM   #8
syd430

Documents To Go for best MS office compatibility out the lot (expect for CloudOn, though this is a cloud solution).
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 07:09 AM   #9
twisted-pixel
macrumors 6502

cloud on is excellent...apart from needing to be online...why can't you simply just create a document locally????

however, the solution I've found is to open an email I sent myself with a blank spreadsheet in it and then edit it...don't need to be connected then
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:31 AM   #10
Big Byte
macrumors regular

I just purchased an iPad, and would like to purchase an MS Office compatible app for it. Is there one the will allow me to import and use templates I have created in Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac?
Big Byte is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps