Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBearman

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2008
Cary, NC
I think calling it a "nice feature" is looking at this in a somewhat simplistic manor. For some of us it's a health issue. The non-adjustable monitor height shows a complete disregard for ergonomic design.

Until you've dealt with the health problems this lack of adjustability brings you may not appreciate why so many are unhappy with this change.

itsamacthing

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
homer-simpson-doh.gif

srcstc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Shame they don't make a 27" version, since I got one on order...but my Extended arm mounts have a limit of 18lbs, 27" is like 21lbs now? Anyone know of a movable arm mount that can take a 21lb load?

EDIT: nvm, I see the big banner showing the 27" mount now lol

Someone needs to make one that replaces the iMac's stand. I wouldn't mind taking my imac apart to install a better looking vesa mount. Especially if the mount came with the tape to put the LCD back on.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
Someone needs to make one that replaces the iMac's stand. I wouldn't mind taking my imac apart to install a better looking vesa mount. Especially if the mount came with the tape to put the LCD back on.

Wow this just broke my heart. I just clicked complete order on my new imac, and now I fear I have to cancel. I need to be able to rotate my imac in free space to serve as a monitor for two different spaces. I have also gone to great lengths, and expenses to install a nice ergotron arm. FML I was really looking forward to a nice slim imac, and the fusion drive. Now back to debating refurb 2011, or 2012 mac mini, and a tb cinema display.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
Does anyone have any irl photos of the 27 inch mounted with the stand still on. I think I'm going to bite tge bullet and order it.

xilmusic

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
Pics of mounted iMac

There are pics of the older model mounted in this thread, I do not care for it, it looks odd.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
I ordered it. I will post pics when I have it setup. Pretty bummed that I have to go for such a macguyver setup on a $2000 machine. I guess I will use the stand as a shelf for my dac, and hard drive.

KennethCaroll

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2015
iMac VESA Adapter for new thin models

Apple currently sells a VESA mount kit for the 27" iMac:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/M...imac-andled-cinemaor-applethunderbolt-display

Anyone know if this will work on the new 27" iMac just announced? I have a really nifty dual-monitor desk clamp VESA mount and I want to keep using it, especially since I only bought it a few months ago!

http://www.apachesun.com/Eagle-Claw-VESA-Adapter.html
This inexpensive adapter fits all stand-mounted iMac & Thunderbolt dispalys - 20", 21.5", 24", 27", includig new thin models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.