Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Hi guys,
I have a question.
My iphone 5's lock button is not working anymore and its a real pain in the ass, I have never dropped my phone, nor I mistreat the phone either.
I have an appointment with the genius bar today but before I go I want to make sure I don't mess it up.
I unlocked my phone through ebay, would it be an issue with the genius bar?
Should i make a backup in case they give me a new iphone?
Will i have to unlock it again if they give me a new one?

Hope you guys can help me out.
Thanks!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Hi guys,
I have a question.
My iphone 5's lock button is not working anymore and its a real pain in the ass, I have never dropped my phone, nor I mistreat the phone either.
I have an appointment with the genius bar today but before I go I want to make sure I don't mess it up.
I unlocked my phone through ebay, would it be an issue with the genius bar?
Should i make a backup in case they give me a new iphone?
Will i have to unlock it again if they give me a new one?

Hope you guys can help me out.
Thanks!

They'll definitely give you a new phone since your lock button is not working. Back it up via iCloud or iTunes, they suggest that before going in. You'll probably get an unlocked back, if they recognize the imei of your iPhone is unlocked in their system. Worst case scenario you'll have to get the new one unlocked again.

allistera

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I took mine to the genius bar as the lock button was only working if I pressed it from the right, not the left, they replaced it no questions asked.

Brad02

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
I took mine to the genius bar as the lock button was only working if I pressed it from the right, not the left, they replaced it no questions asked.

Wow this is like the 4th or 5th thread about this already. Very concerning. iP4 = Home button issues / iP5 = power button issues.

I need to figure out when I'm going to take mine in for a replacement.

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
thanks for the answer guys!
I took it today and they gave me a new iphone 5, no questions asks like you guys said!
I will have to check if its unlocked or not, but at least the lock button is working perfect now.

i love how apple fixes their mistakes, if its broken, we'll give you a new one!

AWESOME!

thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.