Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:47 PM   #1
aoitsukinosuke
macrumors regular

Need "Under Construction" help

I don't know how to explain this w/o sounding silly.

I just got my own domain for my start-up with my 2 partners in different countries.
Our business isn't too much based on customer logging, just informative introduction, our company, mission, etc and contact info of our locations.

Being an absolute newbie with CMS, I'm fiddling around with the cPanel of the host site. Out of a number of CMS options, I'm focusing on Joomla and Wordpress.

What I want to do is; make my own basic design until we need further professional help later. However, until we have all the information to be posted, I want my domain to show an "Under Construction" screen.

But, I want the website visible in the background with the "Under Construction" picture of my choice at the front, not just a ready made template.

Below is an example I prepared.

Is it possible to achieve that with my shallow knowledge? And if yes, which CMS should I choose?

I appreciate all the help in advance.

Last edited by aoitsukinosuke; Jan 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
aoitsukinosuke is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development