Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sankel

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Hi,

Is here anybody who had succes installing boot camp (with Win8) on a 3TB Fusion Drive within Windows access to the Macintosh HD?

I think it's really hard, because my Windows cant see if it is an SDD or the HDD IMO :confused:

My HDD is partionised like this

| Mac OSX | Windows | Data | Fusion SSD |

This above is my 3TB HDD + SSD.

So, is there an option to access the Macintosh HD in Windows?;)

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Hi,

Is here anybody who had succes installing boot camp (with Win8) on a 3TB Fusion Drive within Windows access to the Macintosh HD?

I think it's really hard, because my Windows cant see if it is an SDD or the HDD IMO :confused:

My HDD is partionised like this

| Mac OSX | Windows | Data | Fusion SSD |

This above is my 3TB HDD + SSD.

So, is there an option to access the Macintosh HD in Windows?;)

There are several threads here and in the iMac and Mac Mini sections on how to do it. It appears that you are on the right track with your partitions. Your Windows partition is outside of the Fusion environment, and must be below the 2.2TB Windows limitation.

Sankel

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
There are several threads here and in the iMac and Mac Mini sections on how to do it. It appears that you are on the right track with your partitions. Your Windows partition is outside of the Fusion environment, and must be below the 2.2TB Windows limitation.

Yes you're right.

I'ved searched here for the article, also in the mac mini section, but can't find it..

could you help me?

Sankel

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Thanks, but I think you get me wrong. I installed windows properly, everything is working great.

Accept that there isn't a solution to access my Mac partition in windows.

I installed an hfs+ driver of apple, I found it in another article. And now he displays my Mac hdd, but when opening it, it says it needs to be formatted to access..

Sankel

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Yes that's the one I installed. I directly go to windows to test it! Thanks!:D

aure28

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Yes that's the one I installed. I directly go to windows to test it! Thanks!:D

Any success?:confused: Same problem here with the 1TB Fusion. As said earlier, Windows doesn't recognize the Fusion drive and doesn't mount the Mac volume. It only works with non-Fusion volumes so far (it is convenient for transferring files from mac to windows through bootcamp).

Somebody has already posted the issue on Apple Support forum: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4612345?start=0&tstart=0

Sankel

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.