Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S3V3NDUST

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
Find My iPhone lets you lock, erase, or brick an iPhone remotely. You can also see where it is, and...um...talk the guy into returning it.

Can also make it beep loudly, great for when the kids have hidden it.

What needs to happen is Apple release an update with a feature requiring a passcode in order to shut an iOS device down. This way, the device could be located until either the battery dies, or the device is destroyed. Why won't Apple do this? Surely it has come to their attention previously. :confused:

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Ah, yes the blanket "personal freedom" statement, the signpost that you don't have a nuanced argument.

Actually you're displaying a signpost of a clear lack of understand as to what the founding fathers meant and fought for to provide the freedoms we have. Congratulations on being so ill informed. Enjoy the read.

http://www.sobran.com/articles/tyranny.shtml

Here's a snip for you:

The rights of the people come from God. The powers of government come from the people. The American people delegated the specific powers they wanted the federal government to have through the Constitution. And any additional powers they wanted to grant were supposed to be added by amendment.It’s largely because we’ve forgotten these simple principles that the country is in so much trouble.

The powers of the federal government have multiplied madly, with only the vaguest justifications and on the most slippery pretexts.
When the government starts making decisions for us, we begin losing our personal freedom to make our own decisions. That much should be apparent.

Let him read up on the link posted. It's one of the more clearly written posts I've seen in recent times that will perhaps clarify a few things to people who don't even realize the out of control state our Gov't has come to.

Last edited:

imageWIS

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
NYC
No, it's not a blanket statement.

NYC limits the size of sodas that can be consumed/purchased.

Is that not a personal freedom?

What else would I refer to it as?

It is quite directly a limitation to personal freedom.

If you want to be taken seriously, actually say something of value. If you want to add to the discussion, do so. But attacking other people is not adding to the discussion. If you really do care about your fellow citizens, say something substantial.

No, it doesn't, it was proposed, but it hasn't been implemented... first learn what is going on then you can go on a babbling rant.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
What is up with New York and iphone theft? I'm from Philly which has more crime than New York and I hardly hear about any one getting their iphone swiped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.