Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
When I'm playing earn to die I have been noticing how the accelatate button turns GRAY when I have been holding it down for more than 10 seconds .

Do you guys know what this is ?
Got any tip of which app I can try the same thing so I can see if its a software bug ?

I just uninstalled the game and I can't retrieve it since I redeemed it with a code. Now I will have to contact apple on getting that game back. That takes 7 days. So any tip ?

----------

Just tried it in GTA VC. Same problem there.

Any tip of some easier app to show the issue with to an apple genius?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Hard reset.

Restore from iCloud backup

Restore as new.

DFU Restore as new.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Hard reset.

Restore from iCloud backup

Restore as new.

DFU Restore as new.

I'm really tired of restoring all the time ( back when I thought my phone was lagging and now this .. Oh well I'm on it. Haven't done dfu restore since 3G but ill search on google for that.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Start with the top item. If that doesn't work, go on to the next, etc. Don't start with DFU.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Start with the top item. If that doesn't work, go on to the next, etc. Don't start with DFU.

Ye, did the hard reset. Didn't have to back-up but I suppose its just rebooting. What's the difference really ?

However , since all my saved data is gone on Earn to Die I can't really check if the problem persists . I need an app where I need to hold down my finger at the same spot for a longer time .

----------

Happens in minigore as well , problem confirmed .

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Im on the last now, DFU restore.

Iam currently doing the process and I will set it up as new after the process is done.

Install minigore 2 and try it again.

If it still doesnt work then , heck , I am pretty sure its hardware-related.

Problem is. How am I supposed to explain this to the Apple Genius?

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
what do you mean, sir?

When you arrive to your Genius appointment have this thread open and available for him to read it.
He will then know what your troubles are along with advise/possible solutions you have already tried.

You may have to further explain yourself, but it is a good catalyst to your issue for him to understand.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
When you arrive to your Genius appointment have this thread open and available for him to read it.
He will then know what your troubles are along with advise/possible solutions you have already tried.

You may have to further explain yourself, but it is a good catalyst to your issue for him to understand.

The problem seems to be solved after the last step, DFU reset and setup as new - I guess that did it.

For now at least. If them problem comes again I will get it to a genius.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.