Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
I ended up getting a new ipad the other day, it is not for me, so I am going to return it back where I got it from.

I assume all I need to do is General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings, correct? There was hardly anything on the device (I really was not using it, so, one reason it is going back), a couple free apps and some previous purchases from back in the day. Wifi settings and such.

Would this be enough or should I do a restore and or just change my apple ID password as well?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I ended up getting a new ipad the other day, it is not for me, so I am going to return it back where I got it from.

I assume all I need to do is General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings, correct? There was hardly anything on the device (I really was not using it, so, one reason it is going back), a couple free apps and some previous purchases from back in the day. Wifi settings and such.

Would this be enough or should I do a restore and or just change my apple ID password as well?

Erasing all content and settings removes the encryption key, that's safe enough :).

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010

That should be enough. But, I always do that first, set up the iPad again while skipping the Apple ID part and once you're back the Home screen, do the Erase All Content and Settings again. I do this since one day I noticed my iPad still had my Apple ID on it. It wasn't signed in, but it was there. This may have been fixed with iOS 6 though. Run the erase command and set it up again to double check.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Thanks all.

Its a really nice device, just want something a bit more portable (I would do the mini, but can't find them and they are still a little wide to fit in the pocket), as its a bit redundant to have a 7" and a 9.7" tablet and laptop and phone at home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.