Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickdylan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Adobe's giving away free CS2 licenses to anyone who wants one. CS2 doesn't run we'll on current OS's, but runs well on Jaguar and Panther. The full downloads and licenses are available at Adobe.com.

EDIT: They seem to have temporarily brought the page down. I still have the download links for Adobe CS2 though, listed below. The serial for the Mac version is <REMOVED>

<LINKS REMOVED>

EDIT 2: Apparently they're not actually available for free, but if you sign into your Adobe account and go to the Adobe CS2 Download page, you can download all of CS2 and the license information for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
Very nice find, but your link is broken. This one should work: <LINK REMOVED BY MODS>

g4 powerbookboy

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2010
I was looking at the system requirements, funny how leopard is not listed. looks like leopard is too new for it.

g4 powerbookboy

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2010
probably wont work on leopard, funny thing is i would have thought that leopard would have been considered outdated by most companies already. kinda a pleasant suprise this morning.

BlueEagle

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
Newton NJ
Wow!!! this is awesome! I'll have to download it to my intel mac and store it on there for now untill I pull the mini back out from retirement.

By the way, I had CS running on my mini 1.25PPC with Leopard. Ran fine untill my external HD corrupted the files.

skinniezinho

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2009
Portugal
I don't if it has anything to do, but I guess you have to register on adobe website.It's free.
If anyone wants here is a .dlc package with the links for jdownloader:
<LINK REMOVED>
It has a print of the adobe webpage, with the serials provided.
If this is illegal please tell me and I will remove.

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
Lol, Apple forgot about us, but Adobe didn't. :D :eek:

In a way, it's come full circle, since I recall there was a huge controversy about CS2 not supporting intel and thus, customers being forced to eat the large upgrade fees to CS3. So they're not exactly saintly either.

But this is a nice gesture, even if it's older software.

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan

False alarm everybody.

UPDATE, 2:40 p.m. PT: There has been clarification since this story broke. Adobe has not released the CS2 software for free. Instead, it has cancelled its CS2 license management servers, so for those with existing licenses it is now offering downloads that do not require contact with the licensing servers. This service is only going to be available for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses, which will be verified when creating the Adobe account to download the software.

If it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
Aw, that's too bad. I did download all of the files though last night and a PDF with all the download links and the serial #s... but I don't know if it's illegal to share them then?

Last edited:

Nameci

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2010
The Philippines...
Aw, that's too bad. I did download all of the files though last night and a PDF with all the download links and the serial #s... but I don't know if it's illegal to share them then?

Downloaded, installed, validated, registered just fine with no hassles.

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
Downloaded, installed, validated, registered just fine with no hassles.

I meant that I have them all even though the site is taken down, but I don't know if I'm allowed to share them here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.