Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 7, 2013, 07:31 AM   #1
Tsilk
macrumors newbie

Connecting atv stereo receiver

I kno this may have been answered but I want to get this clear in my mind...

To connect my atv to run through my receiver I need to connect my atv to my receiver ( using HDMI) and then connect my receiver using HDMI to my tv. Done!
Then To play my movies which are on a 1t hard drive I just need to make sure I move the movies to iTunes ...cloud.....is that correct?

Thanks in advance guys...

TSilk
Tsilk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:53 AM   #2
mic j
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsilk View Post
I kno this may have been answered but I want to get this clear in my mind...

To connect my atv to run through my receiver I need to connect my atv to my receiver ( using HDMI) and then connect my receiver using HDMI to my tv. Done!
Then To play my movies which are on a 1t hard drive I just need to make sure I move the movies to iTunes ...cloud.....is that correct?

Thanks in advance guys...

TSilk
There is no "cloud" for locally stored movies. Just have to add movies to iTunes.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Tsilk
macrumors newbie

No...just asking about connections

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic j View Post
There is no "cloud" for locally stored movies. Just have to add movies to iTunes.
Yes, I'm aware there is no cloud for movies but I wanted to make sure the connections I need are correct....Tks again..

Tsilk
Tsilk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater