Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 7, 2013, 06:30 PM   #1
forza69
macrumors 6502a

Why does my download start all over again?

So I'm restoring my iPhone. Connected it to iTunes, clicked restore, and since I have a super slow connection, it said it would take around 3 hours. So I left my computer once I started the process of downloading the 945MB file. For some reason, even though I have InsomniaX installed and enabled, my computer went to sleep. I checked the download and it said "stopped", so I resumed it. The download started all over again.... now I have to wait again for this crap to download. Why does this happen? Is there a way to keep the file from starting over again if the computer goes to sleep? TYIA.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 06:58 PM   #2
xTorch
macrumors newbie

I've had trouble downloading iOS files through itunes several times before, with errors that looked like yours. I'm not sure how to fix it, but if I were you I would just download the iOS version you need through your browser at www.getios.com and restore using the file.
xTorch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6