Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 7, 2013, 07:59 PM   #1
criticalb
macrumors member

Handbrake With MBA - Any Tips?

I'm going through the process of digitizing my DVD library by ripping with ripit, then converting using the ATV2 preset in Handbrake. I'm ripping the DVDs by day, converting by night using my 2012 MBA i7 ultimate. It's currently taking about an hour per 90 minute movie to convert in handbrake. I know the Air isn't a processing powerhouse and this certainly isn't the kind of work I had in mind when I bought it, but can anyone else confirm whether this is on par? If so, are there any modifications I could make to the presets to speed up conversion without noticeably sacrificing quality? I realize that sounds like a dumb question, but maybe the preset is including extra audio tracks or other data I don't need or don't know about.
criticalb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater