Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skinniezinho

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2009
Portugal
I meant that I have them all even though the site is taken down, but I don't know if I'm allowed to share them here.

The links in my .dlc and in the top of the page work.
Even the site is up and running.
It's like "it wasn't meant to be downloaded and installed for free, but it works"
It's the same thing with Freehand MX:

Freehand mx trial:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=freehand&loc=en_us

(currently the site is "down" but I have downloaded it from there), contact adobe or download it from other site.)
edit: once I log in with adobe account (free) I can get the dowloads, unfortunately I can acess the links

registration file from adobe:
http://helpx.adobe.com/freehand/kb/cant-launch-freehand-mx-mac.html

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
The link in post #2 works, at least for me. I haven't had any problems going to this page, downloading and installing.

Works fine on my Macs under Leopard.

PS7 is the one you have to watch out for that won't work on Leopard.

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
It's not quite legal to download it even if it sounds like it. They clarified: "While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers." and the download center is to be used by those already owning a license. Yeah, good luck with that Adobe. I would SO download it anyway if I didn't already have newer versions.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Cool

If my Photoshop CS (1) works fine under Leopard on my G4 Powerbook then I'm sure CS2 will/should work fine. :)

Interesting that in the CNET article it says (as Lone Deranger quoted earlier) "This service is only going to be available for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses, which will be verified when creating the Adobe account to download the software."

I have an existing Adobe account. Signed up when I got Lightroom 3/4 but I only have CS not CS2. However I can get to the CS2 download page and so far am able to download photoshop and the other programs.

Does anyone think I'll have trouble launching the installers or not?

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
If my Photoshop CS (1) works fine under Leopard on my G4 Powerbook then I'm sure CS2 will/should work fine. :)

Interesting that in the CNET article it says (as Lone Deranger quoted earlier) "This service is only going to be available for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses, which will be verified when creating the Adobe account to download the software."

I have an existing Adobe account. Signed up when I got Lightroom 3/4 but I only have CS not CS2. However I can get to the CS2 download page and so far am able to download photoshop and the other programs.

You don't even need an account to download. There is no verification.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011

I don't think you'll have any trouble.

I noticed that the CS2 suite download only allows me to install Photoshop CS2 and not Illustrator and InDesign CS2. That may be because I already had InDesign CS2, I don't know. But I rectified the Illustrator part by downloading that separately.

I did notice that when trying to open Photoshop CS2 while Photohop CS4 was running ended up with the PS CS2 app quitting shortly after launch and then PS CS4 activating. But Photoshop CS2 will load on it's own (with PS CS4 closed).

As to accounts, I have one I created a very long time ago to post on the Adobe forums. Had no issue logging in and downloading.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
I noticed that the CS2 suite download only allows me to install Photoshop CS2 and not Illustrator and InDesign CS2. That may be because I already had InDesign CS2, I don't know. But I rectified the Illustrator part by downloading that separately.

Illustrator and InDesign were included for me.

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
Thanks. Now another question. Does one need to "register" or can I not and still get the updates?

It would appear that Adobe, despite their backtracking, has made it even EASIER to get the downloads as the page with the links and the serials is now accessible to anyone without even logging in. At this point, I don't think there will be any further updates anyway, the software is several years old. Just download, install, and serialize and you should be set for life.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
It would appear that Adobe, despite their backtracking, has made it even EASIER to get the downloads as the page with the links and the serials is now accessible to anyone without even logging in. At this point, I don't think there will be any further updates anyway, the software is several years old. Just download, install, and serialize and you should be set for life.

Just decided to do the google check and yep found the updates and don't think I need to register. Especially since I don't think they would even offer software support :cool:

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012

I think you will need to install some updates- they use the original disk image without the updates, instead of trying to change all the required files.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
CS2 was actually a decent release. I'd have some trouble with anything prior to CS6 personally, just because of how much the brushes improved there. Other than that it was probably a better release than CS3 or 4 on OSX.

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
I just needed GoLive. Since it is unsupported, discontinued and for a 'forgotten' architecture, well, is not that illegal. I mean it is not like people are going to switch just for free things.

It is kinda hard to decide. I did buy Photoshop CS3, CS1 and Adobe Elements. So...

MichaelLAX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Apple has rereleased Snow Leopard Server at a 95% discount: $19.99 + sales tax & shipping costs at 1.800.MYAPPLE (1.800.692.7753) - Apple Part Number: MC588Z/A (telephone orders only).

Parallels 8 is available at a 40% discount at $49.99 for the next 3 days as part of the March 2013 MacUpdate 10 app bundle.

Adobe Creative Suite 2 (CS2) Photoshop running in Snow Leopard Server installed into Parallels for use in Lion or Mountain Lion:

[click on image to enlarge]

Attachments

• Photoshop red flag in SLS.png
    Photoshop red flag in SLS.png
    791.6 KB · Views: 210

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Apple has rereleased Snow Leopard Server at a 95% discount: $19.99 + sales tax & shipping costs at 1.800.MYAPPLE (1.800.692.7753) - Apple Part Number: MC588Z/A (telephone orders only).

Parallels 8 is available at a 40% discount at $49.99 for the next 3 days as part of the March 2013 MacUpdate 10 app bundle.

Adobe Creative Suite 2 (CS2) Photoshop running in Snow Leopard Server installed into Parallels for use in Lion or Mountain Lion:

[click on image to enlarge]

This is a PowerPC forum. ;)

macuser453787

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2012
Galatians 3:13-14
I was looking at the system requirements, funny how leopard is not listed. looks like leopard is too new for it.

probably wont work on leopard, funny thing is i would have thought that leopard would have been considered outdated by most companies already. kinda a pleasant suprise this morning.

Thanks a lot!
About Leopard, it gets mixed reviews:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/499253

It does run on Leopard. I have CS2 running on Leopard. Runs fine. Just FYI. :)

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
You do not think it is relevant to PowerPC users to have the knowledge that they can still continue to run their PowerPC apps if they ever upgrade to an Intel Mac running Lion or Mt. Lion?

I did...

The problem with that is 1) You actually have to have CS2 to begin with. Besides myself, a majority here don't own the CS2 suite legally, which is why most in this thread were excited when they were accidentally offering it for free. 2) Parallels is $80 (unless you get it cheap in a bundle), and 3) Snow Leopard is like $25 once you count the tax and shipping.

You also have to take into account that this would also force us to invest in a RAM upgrade to run it efficiently, so you would be tacking another $50-100 to the cost to max out a 2008-2011 machine.

At that rate, you are just better off buying the Creative Cloud subscription, or investing into alternatives like Pixelmator, Aperture, and others. If you really needed to run CS2, doing it under a Windows 7 Boot Camp partition would be the ideal solution. It would run much, much better. ;)

I have Photoshop 7, the first CS, CS2, and CS3 that was loaded on all the Macs I was given from my old school however they are not suitable for college level classes anymore because they now go beyond the typical photo editing and drawing features in the way they teach it to you. I had a hard time getting CS3 to convert back and forth from it to CS5 the other year with just InDesign. They want you to learn to do the steps right too, so you can't just rasterize everything and get away with it. If you don't save copies, you can easily destroy your file setup if you aren't using basic tools. Same thing in 3D files, always have problems getting previous years Maya files to open in the 2013 version!

It's nice that we can still run our old apps on a newer OS, but there are reasons why we don't. I also get that there are plugins that don't worth on CS3 and above that people are attached to. I use rendering software that doesn't work on Lion or Mountain Lion myself.

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
While I am a die-hard supporter of PowerPC and support its continuing existence, I am also cross experienced with Intel Macs and PCs as well. I have three PowerPC machines which I use, plus a 6-core Mac Pro and a Gateway P-7805U fx running Snow Leopard and Lion(can't get ML to work for some reason), and I am in full support of those being cross-experienced in other platforms besides PowerPC.

Taking all this into consideration with that said while this is only a forum for PowerPC macs, it is also a forum for discussions in other areas of Mac similarities between the platforms. Please don't take all this to mean that I support that we should disband the community and go Intel, NO.. By no means! I just think for all of us to get the respect that our platform is not a dying one we all need to get along.

Whether we like it or not.. Intel is here to stay and while PowerPC was first before Intel, we need to respect Intel Macs also. I am also into discussions about the 68k macs. I wasn't into Mac back then but I heard a lot of good things about the 68k macs.

You do not think it is relevant to PowerPC users to have the knowledge that they can still continue to run their PowerPC apps if they ever upgrade to an Intel Mac running Lion or Mt. Lion?

I did...

MichaelLAX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
The problem with that is..
OK, got that!

BTW: I use Virtual ][ to run my old Apple II software on my Intel Mac when I do not want to use my Apple //c!

I recently had to reconfigure some financial data from the 1980's filed in Time is Money and used the occasion to move all of my Apple II diskettes to file images on the Mac.

Using Virtual ][ I was able to "print" the data to pdf files on the Mac and then import the data into Mac Excel for further analysis.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.