Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DayVe3000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
England
Hi guys,
I have an issue regarding full screen.

I have a 13-inch MacBook Pro with a Retina display, which when in 'best for Retina' display has a desktop space of 1280x800.

I want to play Football Manager 2013 windowed (as running in the usual 'overlay full screen' stops me from quickly switching App's - causing my productivity to take a beating). However, there is just not quite enough room! If I could run it in OSX's full screen (like Safari for example), I'd save a menu bar's worth of space (which I think may just be enough). However the game has no option (that I am aware of), does anyone know of any way of forcing a window into full screen mode?

Hopefully that makes sense? :confused:

iWaiting

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
i think I know what you mean

you want to be able to play football manager but when the Boss comes into the office you need to fast switch back to work apps

sorry I cannot help you as I was the Boss

DayVe3000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
England
Haha,

Im not talking about work here - My MBP stays on my desk at home. :p

My previous Mac was a 15-inch (1440x900 display) meaning FM2013 would fit on the screen in windowed mode fine.

My new MBP is a 13-inch (2560x1600 display scaled to 1280x800), FM2013 wont fit on the 1280x800 display in a standard window.

Im forced to run the app full screen, like you would with any game - IE, over the desktop. Where as if I could force the game to run Mountain Lion's full screen (like Safari and whatnot can) then i'd get a few extra pixels of free space and would get the game to run while not having to loose my desktop.

What I need to know if whether there is a way to force an App into ML full screen - Maybe a tweak or something? Does that explain it any better?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.