Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
I just managed to sell the stylus I got on eBay for $8. After shipping I'll have $5-6 left, not bad for bringing the cost down.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Here's the back of my Slim Armor case. This is not from rough treatment - just from being moved around on a smooth tabletop. I have contacted Spigen and sent them this photo. Haven't heard anything from them yet. I like everything about this case except for the ease of scratching the plastic back and the fact that this case is SLIPPERY in my hand. If Spigen would redesign the plastic back and make it more scratch-resistant and more grippy, they would have a winner.

Interesting photo. Another of a few reasons to prefer the Tones over this one. Had my Tones for 2 months; it is on my table and in my car. No scratches whatsoever. No fingerprints either.

I like the SA color though

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I'm fine with the Slim Armor even it shows some wear and tear after a while. Hasn't for me and I have dropped it a few times in the office.

My only gripe is the weight. It is heavy as crap. Feels like my iPhone 4 with a Juice Pack Plus on it. After almost a week of using it, it is just a little too heavy for my taste. It does really fit well though and it looks amazing but it is actually weighing down my jeans which is something I haven't felt since my old Sidekick. Needless to say I don't miss that feeling.

I'm currently rocking the Otterbox Reflex and it is really a lot lighter. The buttons kind of suck but that is really the only downside. My Pure works fine with it surprisingly and Otterbox finally lined the areas that touch the phone on the inside with rubber so no scratching the phone like the iPhone 4 version. I like the lay on the table too. The slim armor doesn't really provide any.

katai

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
I stopped using the case after a couple days of use. It's nice and protective but bulky and adds weight. I like to keep the phone thin and light so I'm back to caseless. I'll just use the case when I feel like it.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
It's hard to tell from the pics but does this case cover all of the aluminum bevels? I have some nicks on the top and would like them covered.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
It's hard to tell from the pics but does this case cover all of the aluminum bevels? I have some nicks on the top and would like them covered.

Yes it does. It comes right to the edge of the glass but not over it. Basically just like the Candyshell.

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Does anyone have any pictures of the the Gunmetal Slim Armor on a white iPhone 5?

i will. hopefully soon. ordered the gunmetal one on Dec 24th. Since im in Dubai, its taking its time to get here. USPS First class international mail.

anyone had experience with international shipping? how long does it usually take? been waiting 2 weeks now. the tracking number just shows "Dispatched from California facility" with a December 27 date next to it. Surely doesnt take 10 days to fly from Cali to UAE. :(

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
So just to confirm, which color most resembles the original Black iPhone 5? Slate or Gunmetal?

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I don't like this case much -- used it for a few days but I've almost dropped my phone a few times since the metal back goes around the sides... very little grip. Also the headphone jack doesn't work with a lot of headphones.

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
i will. hopefully soon. ordered the gunmetal one on Dec 24th. Since im in Dubai, its taking its time to get here. USPS First class international mail.

anyone had experience with international shipping? how long does it usually take? been waiting 2 weeks now. the tracking number just shows "Dispatched from California facility" with a December 27 date next to it. Surely doesnt take 10 days to fly from Cali to UAE. :(

Well, I ordered it Dec 24th just as you did. Mine arrived yesterday. It's beautiful! Worth waiting for.
Mine was sent Dec 26th and "dispatched from californa facility" Dec 30th.

And oh, I'm from Portugal.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
Why not just use a bumper and a front and back screen protector? This case is amazingly bulky.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Watch out for this case guys. I bought it expecting high quality, but it was really cheap:

1. The plastic did not sit flush with the TPU lining. The imperfection was minor, but it is there at the edges where the two meet.

2. The TPU liner has a seam running along the edges (not a big deal, but something to keep in mind)

3. The TPU lining has embossed lettering that pops up from the surface. I think Black iphone owners should watch out for this over time as this can't be good for the black surface.

Spigen is also TERRIBLE at customer service. They have yet to process a week-old unrelated return, and have yet to respond to a 5-day old email concerning problems with my glass.tr (arrived with scratches). I really can't believe people recommend them.

I've gone through the Hybrid Slim EX, the Slim Armor, and the glass.tr and am not impressed with any of these products. The glass.tr is the best so far, but typing responsiveness has definitely been muted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.