|Jan 6, 2013, 08:22 PM||#77|
|Jan 7, 2013, 01:01 AM||#78|
Also from the article: 'Jobs said when the first batch of Android smartphones landed in 2010. “I’m going to destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product. I’m willing to go thermonuclear war on this." '
The revenue that Google is indirectly stealing from Apple isn't nice either.
Ephesians 4:28: "Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth."
Last edited by GodBless; Jan 7, 2013 at 01:08 AM.
|Jan 7, 2013, 01:31 AM||#79|
- Xcode and 10.6 Property List Editor Have Trouble Opening 2 (or more probably) List Files With the Same Name
- Spotlight Doesn't Find Invisible File(s) Even When the Option To Include Invisible Files Is Enabled
- Various Login Screen Issues When Using Remote Login
- TextEdit Won't Prompt For Saving Unsaved Documents Upon Quitting the App
- Various Spotlight Errors:
- - Multiple Undesired Results Showing
- - Search Failed When I Took a Search Criterian Away (I ended Up with "0" Results)
- - Searching Is Slow
- When Opening .plist Files From Other HD Partition They Don't Show All Of Their Contents In Xcode and Property List Editor--This Is Really Bad For Preference Comparing
- Dictionary Popup Cuts Off Definitions When More Than One Of the Following Are Enabled: Dictionary; Thesaurus; Apple Dictionary; Wikipedia Dictionary
- Quick Look No Longer Zooms
- Quick Look Files Start Playing From Scratch Within 1 Second After They Are Dismissed (Tested With 1 File So Far--Could Have Been an Error--But Probably a New Lion Feature)
- Quick Look Box Changes Sizes When Arrowing To Other File
- In Finder Column View Width Length Changes To Default Width When Arrowing Up and Down
- Doesn't Allow For Find Previous When Using Keyboard Searching In Xcode
- Location Of HD Icons On Sidebar Is In an Inferrior Location (I understand this changed in 10.8 Mountain Lion)
- Get Info On HDs Shows Bytes First Instead of GB For Available Data
- Dictionary Popup Acts Funny--Doesn't Include Words--Shows More Than One Word Inconsistantly (Includes 2 or More Words With No Obvious Pattern To Me)
- Pill-Shaped Show/Hide Toolbar Button Is Missing In Many Places Around 10.7--Probably Since Full Screen View Is In Place Of Showing and Hiding Toolbars
- Full-Screen Is Buggy--Not Able To Use 2 Monitors--Toolbar Pop-Outs Waste Time By Popping Out and Going Away Slowly and Every Time Mouse Goes To Top Of Screen and Before the Mouse Goes to the Very Top Of the Screen--Very Bad Especially When On Screen Sharing and Trying To Click On File Menus On the Remote Computer--Full Screen Has Very Poor Design
- Pointer Finger Cursor Looks and Functions Inferiorly
- No Warning Before Closing a Window That Has 2 or More Open Tabs and No Warning When Safari Is Quit
- Missing [Deleted/Moved/Etc.?] Files Show Up In Search Results Even Though They Are Not Able To Be Accessed In Spotlight
- Quick Look Is No Longer Transparent--Takes One's Mind Off What a Person Might Be Working On Now--Before You Could Still See In the Background What You Were Doing While You Briefly Previewed a File--It Looks a Lot Uglier--Clunky and Plain Now--Before It Looked Shiny and Approachable
- Quick Look No Longer Has Big and Round Buttons and Scrollers--Makes Quickly Viewing Files a Lot Slower, Tedious and Difficult
- After a Hard Restart (i.e. After a Freeze, Dead Battery, Immediate Power Off, Etc.) All Windows Open Again Even If It Is Undesired That They Do
- Pressing Cmd+delete To Cancel a Save Doesn't Register Unless the Save Sheet Is Rolled Out Before the Keyboard Shortcut Is Pressed--This Can Slow Down My Workflow (Tested With TextEdit Only So Far)
- Large Onscreen Volume Indicator Doesn't Show Broad Scale Anymore With Icon (Besides Mute Indication)--Basic Intensity Scale Can Only Can Be Seen In Menubar Now
- Dock Movements Don't Always Stay Permanent (May Also Be a 10.6 Issue)
- Mission Control Replaces Show All Windows Exposť Feature
- Miscellaneous Confusing Screen Sharing Configuration Options
- Software Update In System Preferences Said That No Software Updates Were Available Even Though When I Checked It Manually There Were Several Updates
- Exit "Browse All Versions…" Keystroke Unknown--Escape Doesn't Work
- Arrow Keys Still Scroll In Same Direction (Not Moving the Content But Moving the Viewing Area)--This Is Inconsistant With Apple's New Scrolling Philosophy
- New "All Side" Window Resizing Takes Away the Ability To Precision Click On Toolbar Items When Floating Toolbars Are Present
- Animated Dictionary Viewer Is Slow--I Disabled Slow Animated Windows For Things Such As Empty Trash But the Dictionary Viewer Is Still Unnecessarily Animated
- Buggy When Emptying Trash--Still Thinks File Is In Use If It Was Just Previewed In Finder Preview Column in Column View (Happened At Least Once With 10.7.4)
- Small Window Close, Minimize and Zoom Buttons
- Dictionary Popup Loads Slowly When First Activated
- Spining Pinwheel Looks Inferior
- Ugly Login Screen
- Window Resize Icon Bug--Icon Showed Up Where a Window Wasn't Present (10.7.3)--I Only Remember Seeing It Once
These issues still remain for me even after I combed the internet for hours and tested third party software to solve as many problems as possible. These are my UNRESOLVED problems with 10.7 Lion--I have already resolved several annoying issues with the OS.
On my next post I will give you answers to problems I have solved with 10.7 that I documented in case I reinstalled the OS and wanted to remember how to optimize my 10.7 OS experience.
Last edited by GodBless; Jan 7, 2013 at 02:19 AM.
|Jan 7, 2013, 01:45 AM||#80|
(Continued from my previous post)
Solutions To 10.7 Issues:
Problem: Hidden ~/Library Folder(s)
Solution: Paste the Following Command Into Terminal (without the quotes: "chflags nohidden ~/Library"
Problem: Downloads Can Be Pasted Into Download Window But Will Replace Themselves (Only the Current or Latest One Will Be Shown)
Solution: Type a URL Into the URL Bar and Then Press Option+Enter To Download a URL Properly
Problem: Where Is Time Capsule Hardware Version Listed?
Solution: Old Snow Leopard AirPort Utility Can Be Run
Problem: Where Is AirPort Firmware Update Option?
Solution: Old Snow Leopard AirPort Utility Can Be Run
Problem: Save As… Missing
Solution: Not Too Big Of a Deal Because Files Can Be Duplicated In Finder--But It Is an Inconvienence--Also Save As Came Back With 10.8
Problem: Open With… Dialog Boxes Not Allowing Draging a File Into Them In Finder
Solution: Can Use Cmd+Shift+G In Open With... Dialog Boxes and Paste In a Location In Order To Navigate To a Copied File Location--To Copy a File Location It Must Be Done Before Selecting Open With…, First Navigate To the Desired Location In Finder, Then Press Cmd+I To Get Info and Finally Copy the File Path--This Way You Can Navigate To Apps Within Apps, Apps Within Bundles, Apps Within Packages, Etc. In the Open With... Dialog Boxes
Problem: Two Finger Horizontal Scrolling Slow and Choppy In Finder (Vertical Scrolling Is However Smooth)
Solution: I Tested This For About 20 Minutes and It Seemed Not To Be That Big Of an Issue
Problem: Grayscale Sidebar Items--Harder To Find--Less Vibrant (Duller) Looking
Solution: Use Of a 3rd Party SIMBL Based Software That Launches On Login Can Put Semi-Reasonable Looking Icons In Sidebar (I think that I remember reading that this came back with 10.8 without needing to use 3rd party software)
Problem: Revisiond Error Prevented Disk Image From Ejecting In (10.7.3)
Solution: Have Not Seen Error Since--Probably a Non-Issue That Only Occurred With a Full Read/Write Disk Image
I had other issues too but these were the ones that I documented--with these issues I decided 10.6 was the best for me out of 10.6 and 10.7--perhaps I will try 10.8 soon or maybe even the latest version of 10.7--but I can say for sure that I don't have as much confidence in Apple's software as I did previously. I have seen iOS' quality go down with the latest iOS 6 in some respects (especially in regards to color and contrast choice) and iTunes quality has plummeted too (in overall usability, efficiency and logical design). It would be great if Apple could get its act back together soon. Steve Jobs' passing was significant for where Apple stands today.
By the way (back on topic)--Safari and Keynote are probably my two favorite Apple apps so I like to read history like this about Safari.
Last edited by GodBless; Jan 7, 2013 at 02:14 AM.
|Jan 7, 2013, 03:45 AM||#81|
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."
|Jan 7, 2013, 02:03 PM||#82|
This works for me in Safari, IE, and Firefox. So, someone must have agreed with everyone else.
|Jan 7, 2013, 02:28 PM||#83|
|Jan 7, 2013, 02:41 PM||#84|
|Jan 7, 2013, 03:36 PM||#85|
|Jan 8, 2013, 12:20 AM||#86|
No one knew Safari was coming. Big secret, and now one of their biggest products (as you know Safari's engine, WebKit, is the basis for almost all mobile browsers and a bunch of desktop browsers among which Chrome.)
It's kind of the same with the hardware revision numbers. Every now and then a big whoop will be made about a new iMac32,1 number showing up in some plist file. Apple doesn't care about that: it tells you nothing, except that at some point in the future there will be a model iMac that is newer than the current model iMac. Which we all already knew. Now, if you were to find a new model RackMack in there that'd be interesting again (and unlikely because it'd be kept secret), seeing as how the RackMac (better known as the Xserve) was discontinued. The same goes for any completely new platform. No FlatMac1,1 will appear in any plist file before a machine calling itself FlatMac1,1 is announced.
|Jan 8, 2013, 03:08 PM||#87|
|Jan 8, 2013, 03:45 PM||#88|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Canīt access Spotify.com (both safari and mozilla)||eemittoo||MacBook Pro||0||Apr 28, 2014 07:01 PM|
|Adblock Plus Beta ( the original ) released for Safari!||Risco||OS X Mavericks (10.9)||4||Jan 22, 2014 04:06 PM|
|Will Safari 5.2 even be released?||Riemann Zeta||Mac OS X 10.7 Lion||1||Jun 21, 2012 05:04 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.