Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 8, 2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Big Stevie
macrumors 6502a

Storing PDF's in iCloud

From reading this section am I right in thinking that PDF's cant be stored in iCloud?

Ive purchased an ebook that ive saved onto my MacBook. I'd like to be able to view this ebook on my iPhone5 as well as my MacBook.

Can it be stored on iCloud, or will I just have to email it to myself, and read the email on my iPhone?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2013, 03:54 PM   #2
FSMBP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
From reading this section am I right in thinking that PDF's cant be stored in iCloud?

Ive purchased an ebook that ive saved onto my MacBook. I'd like to be able to view this ebook on my iPhone5 as well as my MacBook.

Can it be stored on iCloud, or will I just have to email it to myself, and read the email on my iPhone?

Thanks
I'm not too sure about the first part of your question, but emailing might be pain; as one of iOS' biggest flaw, you cannot save documents/music/video out-of-the-box. You can email yourself that document and view it. However, if you switch to do another task and your iPhone's RAM dumps the PDF, you're going to have to re-download it again and again.

I suggest getting a Dropbox account; it will sync files on your Mac and iPhone (PDFs, Music, Videos, Word files etc). You can save a PDF on your Mac to your Dropbox folder and it will appear on your iPhone (and you can save it to view later).
Old Jan 8, 2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Bear
macrumors G3

iBooks can read PDFs so you could use iTunes to sync the PDFs in question to the iPhone.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4
Big Stevie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSMBP View Post
I'm not too sure about the first part of your question, but emailing might be pain; as one of iOS' biggest flaw, you cannot save documents/music/video out-of-the-box. You can email yourself that document and view it. However, if you switch to do another task and your iPhone's RAM dumps the PDF, you're going to have to re-download it again and again.

I suggest getting a Dropbox account; it will sync files on your Mac and iPhone (PDFs, Music, Videos, Word files etc). You can save a PDF on your Mac to your Dropbox folder and it will appear on your iPhone (and you can save it to view later).
Thanks, I keep meaning to take a look at Dropbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
iBooks can read PDFs so you could use iTunes to sync the PDFs in question to the iPhone.
Thanks, Ive just added the PDF to iTunes and downloaded iBooks onto my iPhone. Works perfectly. Many thanks

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services